Current Affairs Quiz
1. Which airport has bagged the India Building Congress (IBC) Award 2014-15 for Excellence in Built Environment?
a) Goa International Airport
b) Chennai International Airport
c) Jaipur International Airport
d) Chandigarh International Airport
2. Cabinet approved revision of _________ price for supply to public sector oil marketing companies
3. The Union Cabinet approved the establishment and operationalization of an Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at ____________
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andra Pradesh
d) Jammu and Kashmir
4. The United Nations will name the comic book character _________________ as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls
a) Wonder Woman
b) Elena Anaya
c) Connie Nielson
d) Robin Wright
5. Which space agency has developed a high-tech electro active bandage that creates an electric charge to help promote the healing process of wounds?
a) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
b) European Space Agency (ESA)
c) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
d) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
6. India is ranked _________ among countries with the highest growth in their contribution to high-quality scientific research, according to a recent report.
7. Indian Railways will ink a pact with ___________ for running high-speed trains in the country
8. Who has been awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 “for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition”?
a) Herta Muller
b) Alice Munro
c) Svetlana Alexievich
d) Bob Dylan
9. International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed on?
a) October 11
b) October 12
c) October 13
d) October 14
10. World sight day is observed on?
a) October 12
b) October 13
c) October 14
d) October 15
11. Which bank has renewed its corporate agency tie-up with United India Insurance Company (UIIC)?
a) State Bank of India
b) Bank of India
c) Allahabad Bank
d) Bank of Maharashtra
12. India and ________ will sign an agreement on cooperation and facilitation of investment
d) South Africa
13. Government of India appointed Reserve Bank’s Executive Director _____________ as a Whole-Time Member of markets regulator SEBI
a) K. K. Vohra.
b) G Mahalingam
c) Meena Hemchandra
d) Sudarshan Sen
14. Women’s football striker Shahlyla Ahmadzai Baloch who passed away recently, she was from _____________
15. Bhumibol Adulyadej who passed away recently, he was a King of _____________