Current Affairs Quiz – May 7 2019
1. Prominent writer and academician, ____________ passed away following a cardiac arrest .
d)Maramraju Satyanarayana Rao
2._____________, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa, has been honoured in the UK with 2019 V K Krishna Menon award.
a)A S Kiran Kumar
b)G D Robert Govender
d)Nileena M. S
3. Mastercard to invest ___________ in India, plans to make country global tech node.
4. The finance ministry said there was growth of _______________in income-tax returns (ITRs) electronically filed for the assessment year 2018-19 (AY19), compared to those in 2017-18 (AY18).
a)19 per cent
b)18 per cent
c)17 per cent
d)15 per cent
5. Gaurav Solanki and ___________ Win Gold in Stamm International Boxing Tournament.
d)Vikas Krishan Yadav
6. Frontline missile destroyer of the Indian Navy ’_________’ was decommissioned at the Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
7. ____________ appoints Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma as first brand ambassadors .
8. The Volleyball Federation of India appointed ______________ as head coach of the men’s national team.
c)Serbian Dragan Mihailovic
d)None of these
9. India’s largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea Ltd announced a five-year multi-million-dollar IT outsourcing deal with tech giant ____________.
d)None of these
10. World Asthma Day is an annual event organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) on the first Tuesday in May , This year it was observed across the globe on __________, 2019.
11. __________ wins North Macedonia’s presidential election.
b)Dame Marguerite Pindling
12. The world renowned and much awaited chardham yatra began in _________________.
13. India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) Sherpas meeting was held in _______________, Kerala .
14. Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is celebrating its ___________Raising Day on May 7.