Current Affairs Quiz – May 5 & 6 2019
1. ____________, the last captive white tiger at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) in Borivali, died at the age of 18.
d)None of these
2. Pakistan’s government appointed IMF economist _____________ as central bank governor .
a)Ashraf Mahmood Wathra
3. International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed on _________.
4. ADB Launches $5 Billion Healthy Oceans Action Plan from 2019 to ___________.
5. Paytm, India’s mobile payment and commerce platform’s President, ____________, has quit the company.
a)Rakesh Kumar Singh
6. India will be attending the Group of 7 industrialised nations meet organised by ____________ .
7. India and_________have agreed to further deepen counter-terrorism co-operation .
8. Walt Disney would sell its interests in 21 regional sports networks and Fox College Sports to Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc for ___________.
9. “Star Wars” actor________________ who played Chewbacca in the original trilogy, died.
10. Saurav Ghosal and ___________ won the individual titles in the Asian Squash Championship .
a)Dipika Pallikal Karthik
c)Harinder Pal Sandhu
11. Common Service Centre’s (CSC) e-Governance Services India Limited, a special purpose vehicle under the Ministry of Electronics & IT has tied up with ___________-to upscale ‘Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’.
12.Indian Navy Launches Fourth Stealth Scorpene Class Submarine Vela in _____________.
13. Pakistan’s former captain and star all-rounder Shahid Afridi recently released his autobiography, titled ___________.
a)Over To Me
b)The Test of My Life
14. The Volleyball Federation of India (VFI) named Serbian __________as the head coach the Indian men’s volleyball team.
15. India and the United States held the India-U.S. Bilateral Trade meeting in ___________ .
16. The _______Finance Commission has scheduled a two-days visit to Mumbai to hold meetings with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and with the Banks and Financial Institutions on 8th and 9th May, 2019.
17.PM announces ____________assistance for cyclone-hit Odisha.
a)Rs 2000 cr
b)Rs 1000 cr
c)Rs 3000 cr
d)Rs 5000 cr
18. A high-level Bangladeshi Delegation, headed by Secretary, Ministry of Information, ________, visited All India Radio .
a)Begum Munnujan Sufiyan