Current Affairs Quiz – March 2&3 2019
1. Who is new Commissioner of Guwahati Municipal Corporation ?
b)Brij Bhushan Sharan
2. World Bank’s Executive Director (ED) for Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Sri Lanka, ___________ meets Bhutan Prime Minister Dr Lotay Tsheringat Thimpu .
3. A book titled, ____________ was released by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi .
a)Mann Ki Baat – A Social Revolution on Television
b)Mann Ki Baat – A Social Progress on Radio’
c)Mann Ki Baat – A Social Conversation on Radio’
d)Mann Ki Baat – A Social Revolution on Radio’
4. India’s ________ won the 10 kilometre race of Nepal’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Open Marathon and Run for Fun held in Kathmandu.
c)D P Singh
5. Poshan Pakhwada will be celebrated as part of Jan Andolan under POSHAN Abhiyaan from ________ March, 2019.
a)07th to 21nd
b)10th to 24nd
c)08th to 22nd
d)06th to 20nd
6. ______ joined the Fifteenth Finance Commission as its Member.
a)Ajay Narayan Jha
c)Uma Nath Singh
7. Who was appointed as non-executive chairman of Bank of Baroda?
b)Uma Nath Singh
c)Ajay Narayan Jha
8. Government of India and ADB sign _____ Loan Agreement for Mumbai Metro Rail Project.
9. The Government has approved the proposal regarding setting up of a Centre for Disability Sports at ___________ in Madhya Pradesh.
10. The 7th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial Meeting Concludes in ________.
11. DRDO Chairman_______ honoured with Missile Systems Award by US-based AIAA for his excellence in the field of missile systems technology.
a)G Satheesh Reddy
c)V. K. Saraswat
d)None of these
12. Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan has been approved a _________gas-grid project to transport natural gas among northeastern states and West Bengal.
a)Rs 9,000 crore
b)Rs 9,500 crore
c)Rs 8,000 crore
d)Rs 9,050 crore
13.The Reserve Bank of India has constituted an eight-member task force on offshore rupee markets, headed by ________.
14. SmtShakuntala D. Gamlin, Secretary, DEPwD Lays Foundation Stone of ‘National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation’ at Sehore in ___________.
15. Russian physicist and Nobel laureate ______ died at 88 in St Petersburg.
16. India’s star wrestler _______ has won a gold medal in 65-kilogram freestyle in Bulgaria.
17. Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared ____________ as Construction-Technology year.
a)‘January 2019-December 2020′
b)‘June 2019- May2020′
c)‘April 2019-March 2020′
d)‘February 2019-January 2020′
18. Former Jammu and Kashmir minister and senior Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader _________ died due to prolonged illness.
d)Qazi Mohammad Afzal