Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who has taken charge as the new director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), which is ISRO’s lead centre for launch vehicles?
a) G Prasad
b) K Madhavan
c) S Somnath
d) L Sathish
2. Who was awarded with the Crystal Award at the World Economic Forum 2018?
a) Aamir Khan
b) Shah Rukh Khan
c) Salman Khan
d) Akshay Kumar
3. Srikumar Menon has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the ___________
d) South Sudan
4. The Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik laid the foundation stone for Central Research Institute (CRI) in ___________
5. Which country has launched a mobile app for Indians seeking work visas in a bid to simplify the application process?
b) Saudi Arabia
6. Which state government and the Canton of Zurich have signed a letter of intent, to promote mutual prosperity and development?
a) Andhra Pradesh
7. India has emerged as the _______ most attractive market for investments and the optimism over global economic growth is at a record level, a survey of CEOs by global consultancy
8. Which country scientists developed an artificial intelligence (AI) system that can predict the likelihood of corruption in a government as well as the conditions that favour their appearance?
9. George Weah has been sworn in as the new President of ___________
10. India is projected to grow at ______ of its gross domestic product (GDP) in 2018 as against China’s 6.8%, the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
11. Digital payments startup Paytm has introduced ___________ app for merchants and businesses to accept payments instantly for zero charges
a) Paytm for Shops
b) Paytm for Payments
c) Paytm for Business
d) Paytm for Consumers
12. Which bank has signed an MoU with National Housing Bank for the Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme (RHISS) of the Ministry of Rural Development?
a) Canara Bank
b) Indian Overseas Bank
c) Andhra Bank
d) Indian Bank
13. The 2018 edition of the Women’s World T20 will be hosted by__________
b) South Africa
d) West Indies
14. Trumpeter and singer Hugh Masekela who passed away recently, he belongs to __________
a) South Africa
15. FKK Sircar who passed away recently, he was a former _____________
b) Army Major
c) Supreme Court Judge
d) Chief Minister