Current Affairs Quiz – January 20 2019
1. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor in the Tiruchirapalli district of __________.
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
2. Famous ____writer Atin Bandyopadhyay passesd away.
3._______topped the medals table with a whopping 85 gold, 62 silver and 81 bronze medals in the Khelo India Youth Games that concluded at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi.
c) Tamil Nadu
4. Who is the newly appointed Prime minister of Sweden’s parliament?
a) Sahle-Work Zewde
b) Mario Abdo Benitez
c) Patrick Shanahan
d) Stefan Lofven
5. Agri-Vision 2019, a two-day conference on ‘Envisioning Agro Solutions for Smart and Sustainable Agriculture’ was held in Which city?
6. India is likely to surpass __________in the world’s largest economy rankings in 2019, to become world’s fifth largest economy
a) The USA
b) The UAE
c) The United Kingdom
d) None of these
7. ______and Libcoin are in dialogue to form a world class consortium to initially build 1GWh lithium ion battery plant in India.
8. Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas began at __________in Uttar Pradesh The theme for this year Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is “Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India”.
9. Pulitzer Prize-winning Mary Oliver passed away, Who was famous ________.
10. The UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (Unesco) has named the Brazilian city of ________ as the World Capital of Architecture for 2020.
a) Salvador, Bahia
b) Rio de Janeiro
11. Indian tennis player _______ won her first singles title of the 2019 season and eighth overall after trampling top seed Arantxa Rus in straight sets in the final of the USD 25,000 event in Singapore.
a) Rutuja Bhosale
b) Nirupama Sanjeev
c) Karman Kaur Thandi
d) Ankita Raina
12. Aadhaar cards are now valid travel documents for Indians under 15 and over 65 years travelling to _________.
a) Nepal and China
b) Russia and Bhutan
c) South Africa and Bhutan
d) Nepal and Bhutan