Current Affairs Quiz
1. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was honoured with a Doctorate of Literature (D.Litt.) degree by ______________
a) Jadavpur University
b) Aliah University
c) Calcutta University
d) Rabindra Bharati University
2. The Union Cabinet cleared a proposal allowing _____ foreign direct investment (FDI) in single-brand retail via automatic route
3. Which company has unveiled a prototype of what it claims is the world’s smallest 1 TB USB flash drive at CES 2018?
4. Which state government is planning to introduce a separate category for orphans appearing for various competitive exams?
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Geneva-based World Business Council for Sustainable Development?
a) Anand Mahindra
b) Sunny Verghese
c) Subrata Roy
d) Deepak Parekh
6. Who became the first ever female lawyer to be directly recommended for the position of a Supreme Court judge by the Collegium?
a) Geetha Mishra
b) Brindha Devi
c) Indu Malhotra
d) Divya Bharathi
7. Ministry of Railways have launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers, who is the Union Minister of Railways?
a) Suresh Prabhu
b) Piyush Goyal
c) Nitin Gadkari
d) Sadananda Gowda
8. The 4th Annual Women Leadership Summit held at ______________
c) IIM- Kozhikode
9. US approves ₹800-crore anti-ballistic missile sale to __________
10. __________ based researchers have discovered that liquid water can be cooled down to -42.55ºC, far below its normal freezing point of 0ºC
11. Which country to build world’s largest solar-thermal power plant?