Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who took charge as managing director and chief executive of IT major Infosys?
a) Ravi Venkatesan
b) Pravin Rao
c) Salil Parekh
d) Nandan Nilekani
2. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Ayana Renewable Power?
a) PJ Nayak
b) VK Sharma
c) HC Ganesh
d) KG Rawat
3. Traditional folk art form festival ‘Utsavam 2018’ will be held in _________
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andra Pradesh
4. The Indian Railways will soon launch its own debit card in association with ______________ and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to promote cashless payments
a) Canara Bank
b) Dena Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) State Bank of India
5. The Minister of Women & Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi has inaugurated an online portal ________ in New Delhi
6. Merchants won’t have to pay any Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) to banks on all debit cards, BHIM UPI, and Aadhaar-based transactions of up to _________ from January 1
7. India’s first floating market is set to open for public in January 2018, in _________
8. Which country has developed a new underwater surveillance network along the maritime Silk Road, which includes the Indian Ocean?
9. Which state government has launched the ‘Janmabhoomi-Maa Vooru’ programme?
c) Andhra Pradesh
10. Which state government has directed the irrigation department to implement the integrated solar-based micro irrigation scheme in all districts of the state?
c) Uttar Pradesh
11. The Indian Railways have decided to give a discount of Rs._____ to passengers if food booked for the journey isn’t served on time in the train
12. Cobblers in __________ can now look forward to getting bank loans of up to Rs 15,000 for setting up kiosks in the state under a new scheme
13. A law mandating equal pay for men and women in _________ came into effect, making it the first country to have such a legislation
14. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has provided financial assistance of Rs 10,000 crore to __________ by end of the third quarters of the current financial year
d) West Bengal
15. Anwar Jalalpuri who passed away recently was a/an