Current Affairs Quiz
1. U.S. Democrats elected _________________ as chairman to lead the daunting task of rebuilding the party and heading the opposition to Republican President Donald Trump
a) Tom Vilsack
b) Tom Perez
c) Julián Castro
d) Keith Ellison
2. Who has been named as Indian entrepreneur of the year 2016 by EY, the consulting firm formerly known as Ernst & Young?
a) Vinod Khosla
b) Sundar Pichai
c) Vivek Chaand Sehgal
d) Satya Nadella
3. The world’s first robot table tennis tutor named ______________ in Japan has set a new Guinness World Record
4. Former Nagaland Chief Minister ______________ was appointed as Finance Advisor to the state government in the rank of a Cabinet Minister
a) Neiphiu Rio
b) S. C. Jamir
c) Vamuzo Phesao
d) T R Zeliang
5. Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, _________________ will inaugurate the World Integrated Medicine Forum on Regulation of Homeopathic Medicinal Products
a) Shripad Yesso Naik
b) Dharmendra Pradhan
c) Bandaru Dattatreya
d) Rajiv Pratap Rudy
6. The adoption of the Goods and Service Tax (GST) could help raise India’s medium-term gross domestic product (GDP) growth to over _____
7. A hill station cycle path, believed to be the first in India, recently opened in __________
8. The Central government has given permission to _____________ for increasing the number of workdays under MGNREGA from the existing 100 days to 150 days recently
b) Tamil Nadu
9. _____________government approved around 37% hike in the minimum wages for unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled persons
d) New Delhi
10. Which state has become the second largest crude oil producer in the country?
c) Tamil Nadu
11. Which Indian city celebrated its 606th foundation day on February 26, 2017?
12. Which bank has launched a railway ticket booking facility by having a direct tie-up IRCTC?
a) UCO Bank
b) United Bank of India
c) Union Bank of India
d) Bank of India
13. India will be the fastest growing economy among G-20 countries clocking a ____ per cent growth in 2017
14. India and _________________ have signed USD 375 million pact for loans and grants to develop 800—km Visakhapatnam—Chennai Industrial Corridor
a) World Bank
b) Asian Development Bank
c) New Development Bank
d) None of these
15. Which bank has introduced RFID-enabled banking cards whereby a branch/relationship manager can identify a valued client entering a branch with the card?
a) Bank of Baroda
b) Andra Bank
c) Syndicate Bank
d) Dena Bank
16. India and ___________ have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the sustainable development of Sylhet city with financial aid from India
a) Sri Lanka
17. India and _____________ have ratified the Social Security Agreement (SSA), which will come into force from May 1 this year
18. _________crore deal has been cleared by the government for jointly developing with Israel a medium-range surface-to-air missile (MR-SAM) for the army
19. Which two countries have been suspended from voting in the UN General Assembly for the second time in two years because of millions of dollars in unpaid dues to the world body?
a) South Africa and Libya
b) Venezuela and Libya
c) Venezuela and Iran
d) Iraq and Pakistan
20. Pakistan has signed 10 agreements with ________ to enhance bilateral cooperation in various fields
21. Pooja Ghatkar related to which sports?
22. Who will join the BWF Athletes’ Commission as a representative of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) PV Sindhu
c) Jwala Gutta
d) Ashwini Ponnappa
23. Which team won all three medals in the 12.8 Kilometre Individual Time Trial at the sixth Asian Para-Road Cycling Championship held in Bahrain?