Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who has been named as the president of African Parks, a conservation group that manages a dozen wildlife areas across the continent?
a) Prince William
b) James Hewitt
c) Prince Andrew
d) Prince Harry
2. Which state government has constituted State Finance Commission with former minister G Rajesham Goud as its chairman?
3. Madrasas in ___________ are reportedly planning to teach Sanskrit to students, in a bid to make them acquire skills related to Ayurveda and Yoga
b) Uttar Pradesh
4. Senior IAS officer N C Goel was appointed the new Chief Secretary of __________
b) Himachal Pradesh
5. The government has provided over ______ crore to six state-owned banks so that they meet the prescribed regulatory capital requirement.
6. Which state government would open an academy for training labourers engaged in construction work so that they could get better employment opportunities?
d) Andra Pradesh
7. _________has surpassed Ethereum as the world’s second largest cryptocurrency by market capitalisation
8. India has the highest level of non-performing assets (NPA) among BRICS countries and is ranked ________ on a list of countries with the highest levels of NPAs
9. Which state government has launched ‘Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana’ in which tomato, onion, potato and cauliflower have been included for assuring farmers of fair prices for their produce and emphasising on diversification of crops?
b) Tamil Nadu
10. Who has been named for damehood, the female equivalent of knighthood, for “services to chemical sciences and technology?
a) Kalpana Laxman Gai
b) Pratibha Laxman Gai
c) Uma Laxman Gai
d) Aarthi Laxman Gai
11. Who has entered into an agreement with state-run National e-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) for utilizing the latter’s Information Utility Services envisaged under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016?
a) Bank of India
b) Syndicate Bank
c) Andra Bank
d) Allahabad Bank
12. The government has revealed that _______ crore has been raised through its Bharat 22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)
13. IndoSolar has approved allotment of 20.70 crore preference shares to ____________ (UBI) against part of settlement amount pursuant to the “One Time Settlement Scheme
a) Punjab National Bank
b) Bank of Baroda
c) Union Bank of India
d) Canara Bank
14. ____________ has become the first foreign investor to fully own an asset reconstruction company (ARC) in India
a) KKR & Co
b) CVC Capital
c) Morgan Stanley
d) Nordic Capital