Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who won the National Geographic ‘Nature Photographer of the Year’ award?
a) Bence Mate
b) David Yarrow
c) Tim Laman
d) Greg Lecoeur
2. Two Indian photographers’ ________________ and __________________ won the prestigious Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition in the Urban and Birds category respectively
a) Anup Shah and Jayanth Sharma
b) Shekar Dattari and Sandesh Kadur
c) Nayan Khanolkar and Ganesh H Shankar
d) Kalyan Varma and Sudhir Shivaram
3. Paolo Gentiloni has been elected as new Prime Minister of ____________
4. Who is the new Prime Minister of New Zealand?
a) Bill English
b) Steven Joyce
c) Jonathan Coleman
d) Winston Peters
5. Antonio Guterres has been sworn in as the United Nations’ ninth secretary general; He was the former Prime Minister of ____________
6. The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee marked his 81st birthday by launching a 100 Million for 100 Million Campaign organized by ___________________
a) Smile Children’s Foundation
b) Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
c) Safe Kids Foundation
d) Hope Children’s Foundation
7. Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports __________ has led a Mobile and Digital Banking induction campaign for youth at Maj. Dhyanchand National Stadium
a) Vijay Goel
b) Piyush Goel
c) Harsh Vardhan
d) Mahesh Sharma
8. Which country has launched a new weather satellite marking an upgrade of its meteorological satellites in geostationary orbit?
9. World’s longest tunnel opens for regular service in ______________
10. Which country is to withdraw its largest banknote from circulation in its latest attempt to tackle the world’s worst inflation crisis recently?
11. Government of India announced a ______ discount on payments made through debit cards, credit cards, mobile wallets and prepaid loyalty cards at PSU petrol pumps
12. India has been ranked as the ________ most vacation deprived country globally
13. Which cyclone that made a landfall near Chennai and northern coastal districts of Tamil Nadu recently?
14. Ace women badminton player Saina Nehwal will be provided land by the ______________ government to set up a badminton academy in the state
a) Andra Pradesh