Current Affairs Quiz – August 02 2019
1. Who has been appointed as Director General (DG) of India Meteorological Department (IMD)?
a) Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
b) Munjappen Swamy
c) Vikram Prabhu
d) Dushyanth Yadav
2. IMMUVAC , VPM1002 vaccine is related with____________.
3. Which state has become first state in the country to adopt an Automated Multi-modal Biometric Identification System (AMBIS)?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
4. According to latest World Bank data, India’s economy secured __________in 2018 GDP ranking.
5. According to latest World Bank data, which country has topped in 2018 GDP ranking?
6. Who has been crowned as Miss England 2019?
a) Smrithi A
b) Sonali Gupta
c) Nisha Patel
d) Bhasha Mukherjee
7. Who has been appointed as the Controller General of Accounts, Department of Expenditure?
a) Ajay Kumar
b) Sai Mithran
c) Girraj Prasad Gupta
d) Yadav Kumar Raj
8. Who won Ramon Magsaysay Award 2019?
a) Pragadeesh Kumar
b) Abhay Krishna
c) Ravish Kumar
d) Sanjith Yogi
9. Crisil cuts India’s GDP growth is ____________for FY20.
10. Bank of India headquarter is situated in__________.
a) New Delhi
11. Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar won a gold at Sardar Sajjan Singh Sethi Memorial Masters competition, is associated with__________.
12. ‘Pride of the Nation Award’ 2019 won by Vinayak S Hiremath, in the field of__________.
d) Social Service
13. Which department has launched e-cars in Delhi to fight air pollution?
b) Air force
d) Metrological Department
14. Malcolm Nash is passed away at 74, is associated with_______________.
a) Car Racer
c) Pop Singer
d) Sand Artist
15. BITSians’ Day is observed on____________.
a) June 2
b) July 2
c) August 2
d) September 2
16. A rare variety of tea from Assam, was sold for ₹50,000 per kilogram, is named as___________.
a) Golpari Tea
b) Manohari Gold Tea
c) Lalpuri Gold tea
d) None of these