Current Affairs Quiz – April 10 & 11 2019
1. ____________ has the highest number of polluted river stretches in the country.
2. _____________reduced its MCLR by 5 bps across all tenors and slashed interest rate on home loans up to Rs 30 lakh by 10 basis points.
3. Asian shot put champion _________ has been banned for four years by India’s anti-doping agency
4. India retained its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances with overseas Indians sending a whopping __________ back home in 2018.
5. ____________ was named the Leading Cricketer in the World and featured in Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year.
6. will take over as MD, CEO of Indian Overseas Bank from July 1.
b)R K Yaduvanshi,
dR A Sankara Narayanan
7. HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd has claimed the top spot with an average AUM of ____________.
8. SUN Group Chairman _________elected as the new president of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
a)Vikramjit Singh Sahney
9. __________became world’s first Islamic bank to launch banking via WhatsApp.
a)Al Rayan Bank
c)Qatar Islamic Bank
d)Emirates Islamic Bank
10. The World Economic Forum (WEF) on the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) 2019 kicked off on Saturday in ______________-.
11. Telugu poet _____________has been selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018.
d)K Siva Reddy
12. Israeli Prime Minister_______ is set to win re-election after his main rival former Army chief Benny Gantz conceded defeat.
13. India has built a 25-bed maternity hospital in __________, under the Government of India’s Small Development Projects Scheme.
14. The Naval Investiture Ceremony for 2019 was held at the naval helicopter base____________ of Western Naval Command (WNC), Mumbai .
15. Veteran Kerala __________, K M Mani passed away in Kochi at the age of 86.
16.___________– India Limited has announced the first edition of its’ Hack2Hire programme in Bengaluru.
17. India’s education technology startup _____________has bagged a $25,000 Next Billion Edtech Prize 2019.
18. Indonesian __________ was named by Asian Athletic Association (AAA) as the best athletic coach in Asia.
19.Armed forces of India and _____________kicked off a joint military exercise, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, in Jhansi’s Babina Cantonment.