Current Affairs – March 23 2023
Current Affairs – March 23 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly latest Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – March 23 2023
1. World Meteorological Day
World Meteorological Day commemorates the establishment of the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) on March 23, 1950.
The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of meteorology and weather forecasting and the role of the World Meteorological Organisation in promoting international cooperation in these fields.
Theme of World Meteorological Day 2023
The theme for World Meteorological Day 2023 is “The future of weather, climate, and water across generations.” This theme aims to highlight the impact of changing weather patterns on the environment and future generations.
2. UN 2023 Water Conference
The UN 2023 Water Conference is being held from March 22 to 24 in New York, marking the first summit on water in 50 years.
The conference will be a watershed moment to mobilize member states, the UN system, and stakeholders alike to take action and bring successful solutions to a global scale.
The Importance of the UN 2023 Water Conference
- The UN 2023 Water Conference could be a crucial step to ensure the sustainable management of water and sanitation for all, as per UN Sustainable Development Goal 6.
- It also marks the halfway point through the International Decade for Action “Water for Sustainable Development” to raise awareness of the global water crisis and decide on action to achieve internationally agreed water-related goals.
3. Human Development Index : Norway topped the list
The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite statistic that measures the development of countries based on their achievements in three areas: health, education, and standard of living.
The HDI is widely used to compare and rank countries based on their development levels and is an important tool for policymakers and development practitioners.
Rank List :
- Norway: Norway consistently ranks among the highest countries on the HDI. With a score of 0.957 in 2020, Norway has a high life expectancy, high levels of education, and a high standard of living.
- Yemen: Yemen ranks among the lowest countries on the HDI, with a score of 0.470 in 2020. The country has low levels of education, high infant mortality rates, and a low standard of living.
4. QS Rankings: IIT-Delhi enters list of top 50 institutions for engineering
The Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi has been ranked among the top 50 engineering institutions in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023.
Additionally, this year, a total of 44 programmes offered by Indian higher education institutions in various disciplines have been ranked in the top 100 globally. This represents an increase from last year’s report, which saw 35 Indian programmes listed in the top 100.
QS RANKING 2023: OTHER INSTITUTIONS
- IIT Bombay has featured among the world’s top 100 in mathematics by clinching the 92nd spot, up by 25 places
- IIT Kanpur ranks among the world’s top 100 in engineering-electrical electronics (87th, up by 21 places) and in computer science information systems (96th, up by 13 places)
- IIT Kharagpur occupies the 94th spot, up by 15 places, for computer science and information systems
- IIT Madras has moved up by 50 places to come at 98th spot for mathematics.
5. Rajasthan is the first Indian State to pass RTH Bill, Intends to Provide Free Emergency Treatment
Rajasthan becomes the first state in India to pass a manifesto in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly. Regardless of the fuss created among doctors, the state enacted the law which stated that every resident out there will be able to avail of accessible Out Patient Department (OPD) and In-Patient Department (IPD) services at all hospitals or public healthcare facilities.
An Outline of RTH Bill-2022
According to the release of the RTH Bill (Right to Health), costless medical services are to be given to city dwellers. These healthcare facilities include free drugs or medicines, doctor consultation, medical diagnosis, emergency transport, procedure or operations and emergency care.
6. Mukesh Ambani becomes the only Indian Billionaire to appear in Hurun Global Rich List 2023
Mukesh Ambani, India’s leading business leader who chairs Reliance Industries, is the only Indian to emerge as the richest man among the M3M Hurun Global Rich List 2023. India has a total of 187 billionaires and 16 new additions are there to the list.
India remains the third largest nation in the world to be the abode of billionaires as the total world index can rise up to 217 when adding the Indian-born billionaires. The Hurun Global Rich List 2023 was published on March 21, 2023 (Tuesday).
India at 3rd in Global Billionaire Population
In the total billionaire index, India comes on the third level in the 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List just below the US and China. Billionaires in India have suffered failures and this year came at 187 from last year’s 215.
Top 10 Billionaires in the World:
- Elon Musk
- Jeff Bezos
- Bernard Arnault
- Bill Gates
- Warren Buffett
- Sergey Brin
- Larry Page
- Steve Ballmer
- Mukesh Ambani
- Bertrand Puech & Family
Indian billionaires in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List – Top 10
- Mukesh Ambani
- Gautam Adani & family
- Cyrus Poonawalla
- Shiv Nadar & family
- Lakshmi N Mittal
- SP Hinduja & family
- Dilip Shanghvi & family
- Radhakishan Damani & family
- Kumar Mangalam Birla & family
- Uday Kotak
7. Sergio Pérez wins Saudi Arabia Grand Prix 2023
At the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix of the 2023 Formula One season, Sergio Perez displayed a dominant performance and earned his first win.
His teammate at Red Bull, Max Verstappen, secured the second position after starting from the 15th spot.
- Although Verstappen retained his lead in the championship standings with his fastest lap, Fernando Alonso was the focus of the battle for the final podium spot, finishing in third place.
8. RBI’s Data Centre And Cybersecurity Training Institute To Come Up In Bhubaneswar
The Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Shaktikanta Das, initiated the establishment of a “Greenfield Data Centre” and an “Enterprise Computing & Cybersecurity Training Institute” in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, during a foundation stone laying ceremony.
More About The New Data Centre and Training Institute:
The new Data Centre and Training Institute, which will cover an area of 18.55 acres, will be able to address the emerging needs of the RBI and the financial sector, according to a statement by the central bank.
9. L&T signs agreement with France-based McPhy for electrolyzer manufacturing
Larsen & Toubro (L&T), an Indian multinational that specializes in EPC projects, hi-tech manufacturing, and services, has signed a binding agreement with McPhy Energy, a leading electrolyzer technology and manufacturing company based in France.
The agreement establishes a long-term partnership between the two companies to explore opportunities in the emerging green hydrogen market. Specifically, L&T and McPhy Energy will collaborate on electrolyzer manufacturing, which is a key technology for the production of green hydrogen.