Current Affairs – March 07 2023
Current Affairs – March 07 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – March 07 2023
1. Pradhan Mantri-Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission
The PM Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission was launched in October 2021 with an aim to strengthen healthcare infrastructure across India.
With a budget of Rs.64,180 crore, the mission has three aspects: strengthening public health institutions, building an IT-enabled disease surveillance system, and expanding research on infectious diseases.
- One of these loans will prioritize healthcare services in 7 states – Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Meghalaya, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
2. CBIP Award 2022
- CBIP Award 2022 was conferred recently to NTPC Limited for the ‘Outstanding Contribution in Power Generation’.
- BHEL wins CBIP Award 2022 for ‘Best Contribution in Solar Energy’.
- Odisha’s OPTCL bags CBIP Award-2022 for “best-performing transmission power sector”
The award recognizes the role of Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station – the largest power station in India – in efficiency and high-level power generation.
The award was conferred on the occasion of the CBIP Day, to individuals and institutions in recognition of their outstanding contributions in the fields of water, power and renewable energy development.
What is CBIP?
- CBIP is the Central Board of Irrigation and Power.
- It was established in 1927.
- It works in the areas of renewable energy, power, and water resources. It monitors research projects.
3. Conrad Sangma vows today as 13th CM of Meghalaya along with 11 Cabinet Ministers
On March 07, 2023 (Tuesday) the National People’s Party leader Conrad Sangma committed to the position of Chief Minister of Meghalaya.
Along with him, 11 others took oath including two Deputy Chief Ministers for the second consecutive term while Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was also present for the oath-taking ceremony in Shillong.
Meghalaya Oath-Taking Ceremony
In total, eight Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs) from the National People’s Party (NPP) whereas two from the UDP and one each from the BJP along with the HSPDP Party supervised the oath of secrecy as ministers in Sangma’s cabinet at Raj Bhavan.
4. Salhoutuonuo Kruse Becomes First Woman to Administer Nagaland Cabinet, Another Milestone in History
- Salhoutuonuo Kruse becomes one of the first women to be elected to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly.
- She recently took oath as a Minister of the Legislative Assembly. in presence of several ministers.
- The swearing-in ceremony was held in Shillong while Prime Minister Narendra Modi also attended the event today i.e. March 07, 2023 (Tuesday).
5. HCL Technologies partners Microsoft to bring quantum computing to clients
Domestic information technology (IT) services firm, HCL Technologies, announced a partnership with Azure Quantum, Microsoft’s quantum cloud computing service. Through this partnership, HCLTech will offer cloud-based quantum computing services to businesses using Microsoft’s platform as a technology stack.
The services will be provided through HCLtech’s Q-Labs, which is already one of Microsoft’s partners offering Azure Quantum Credit.
6. Indo-American woman judge Tejal Mehta named first justice of a district court in US
Tejal Mehta, an Indian-American woman judge who promised to make a real impact to the community and treat people with compassion, has taken oath as the first Justice of a district court in the US state of Massachusetts.
Mehta will serve as the first Justice of the Ayer District Court. She has served as an Associate Justice with the same court and was unanimously selected and sworn in by Judge Stacey Fortes, Chief Justice of the District Court.
Life and Career of Tejal Mehta
Born to a chemist father and a mother who worked in a hospital, Mehta earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Notre Dame in 1997.
7. FRINJEX-23 Indo-France Joint Military Exercise to commence at Thiruvananthapuram
On March 7 and 8, 2023, the Indian Army and the French Army will hold their first joint military exercise, FRINJEX-23, at Pangode Military Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
The two armies are participating in this format for the first time, with each contingent consisting of a Company Group from the French 6th Light Armoured Brigade and Indian Army personnel stationed in Thiruvananthapuram.
8. S.S. Dubey takes charge as new Controller General of Accounts
S.S. Dubey took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA). He is the 28th officer to hold the position of CGA.
Prior to that, Dubey has served as Chief Controller of Accounts in Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion etc. and as Controller/Deputy Controller of Accounts in Ministry of Environment & Forest, Ministry of External Affairs, Department of Revenue, Department of Supply etc. and was in-charge of budgeting, accounting, payment, internal audit etc.
He also served as Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer in Bank Note Press, Dewas.
9. Mirabai Chanu won BBC Indian Sportswoman of The Year for 2022
Tokyo Olympic Games silver-medallist weightlifter Mirabai Chanu has bagged the 2022 ’BBC Indian Sportswoman Of The Year’ award after a public vote. The 28-year-old weightlifter from Manipur became the first athlete to win the award twice in a row after bagging it in 2021 as well.
Other awardee’s in different Categories:
- Table tennis player Bhavina Patel won the ’BBC Para Sportswoman of the Year’ award.
- Former captain of the Indian women’s hockey team Pritam Siwach was conferred with the ’BBC Lifetime Achievement Award’.
- Boxer Nitu Ghanghas was chosen as the ’BBC Emerging Player of the Year’.
10. Delhi International Airport among cleanest in Asia-Pacific, says ACI
Delhi airport has been ranked among the cleanest airports in Asia-Pacific as a part of the Airport Council International (ACI)’s annual service quality award.
The Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), operated by DIAL, has bagged the award for Airport Service Quality (ASQ) best airport for 2022 in the category of over 40 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA).
No other Indian airports in the list:
While Delhi was ranked among the top airports for cleanliness, none of the Indian airports made it to the winners list in the other new categories.
11. 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas celebrates on 7th March 2023
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) in collaboration with Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI), the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) and States and Union Territories is celebrating 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2023 under (PMBJP).
Department of Pharmaceuticals has planned various events in different cities starting from 1st of March 2023 to 7th March 2023 which will focus on awareness about the Jan Aushadhi Scheme. The 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas is organized across India based on the theme “Jan Aushadhi – Sasti bhi Acchi bhi”.
About the 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas
The event has witnessed the organization of more than 34 Pratigya Yatras across India, with 8 of them led by Members of Parliament on the first day. Over 5,000 citizens, including doctors, have committed to using generic medicines on the MyGov platform.
12. Mumbai airport named best in ‘over 40 mn passengers’ group in Asia-Pacific
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in Mumbai has won the 2022 Airport Service Quality Award for the ‘Best Airport over 40 million passengers’ category in Asia-Pacific.
The airport has secured the award for the sixth time in a row. “This award is a result of CSMIA’s resolute commitment to always providing exceptional facilities and offerings,” CSMIA said in a statement.