Current Affairs – March 06 2023
Current Affairs – March 06 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – March 06 2023
1. Karnataka Beats Meghalaya in National Football Championship, Wins Santosh Trophy after 54 Long Years
Karnataka becomes the Santosh Trophy winner marked by a stellar performance. Karnataka lifts the trophy after 54 long years of waiting by striking Meghalaya with a 3-2 win in the Grand Finale of the 76th edition of the National Football Championship.
The Football competition was held at the King Fahd International Stadium on March 04, 2023 (Saturday).
2. INS Trikand Ship Arrives in Bahrain for Participation in US-led International Maritime Exercise
The Indian Frigate Ship called INS Trikand set foot in Bahrain for the first-ever participation in the International Maritime Exercise/Cutlass Express 2023.
This multinational exercise is organised by the US-led Combined Maritime Forces which is a naval partnership comprising 34 nations.
3. India on 108th Position in Electoral Democracy Index 2023
India has now been ranked at the 108th spot globally for electoral democracy, far behind nations like Tanzania, Bolivia, Mexico, Singapore, and even Nigeria, which comes in at a modest 91st spot by V-Dem Institute in its Electoral Democracy Report for 2023.
This ranking may come as a shock to many, but it is also far below nations like Tanzania, Bolivia, Mexico, Singapore, and even India.
4. Max Verstappen wins season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix 2023
Max Verstappen won the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix from pole position, leading almost the entire race as he opened the defense of his back-to-back Formula One titles.
- It was the first time he had won in Bahrain and also the first time he had triumphed in a Formula One opener.
- Red Bull also clinched a dominant 1-2 with Sergio Perez finishing second while 41-year-old Fernando Alonso took a brilliant third place and claimed a 99th career podium on a stunning race debut for Aston Martin.
5. Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya unveils ‘India’s Vaccine Growth Story’ at World Book Fair 2023
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya released the book ‘India’s Vaccine Growth Story – From Cowpox to Vaccine Maitri’ authored by Shri Sajjan Singh Yadav, Additional Secretary, Govt of India at the World Book fair 2023, at Pragati Maidan.
The book elaborates on India’s impressive achievement in developing, producing and distributing COVID-19 vaccines.
6. India, Mexico ink MoU on research, technology and innovation collaborations
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Research, Technology, and Innovation Collaborations between India and Mexico has been inked.
- It focuses on several key technology areas, including Aerospace, Electronics Instrumentation & Strategic Sectors, Civil, Infrastructure & Engineering, Ecology, Environment Earth & Ocean Sciences, and Water, Mining, Minerals, Metals & Materials, Chemicals (including leather), and Petrochemicals, Energy (Conventional & Non-Conventional), and Energy Devices.
7. NADA and NCERT sign MoU to strengthen value-based sports education amongst school children and teachers
The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) under the Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry; and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) signed an MoU to strengthen value-based sports education amongst school children and teachers.
The key activities that will be undertaken through this MoU include developing e-content in an accessible format on sports values and ethics. The UNESCO Value-Based Sports Education toolkit will also be promoted in every classroom under the MoU.
8. ‘World’s first’ bamboo crash barrier installed on Maharashtra highway
The world’s first 200-metre-long bamboo crash barrier has been installed on a highway connecting Chandrapur and Yavatmal districts in Maharashtra.
Named ‘Bahu Balli’, the bamboo crash barrier underwent “rigorous testing” at various government-run institutions like the National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX) in Pithampur, Indore.
9. Renowned Bengali litterateur Sasthipada Chattopadhyay passes away
- Renowned Bengali novelist and short story writer Sasthipada Chattopadhyay has passed away.
- The creator of the famous ‘Pandav Goenda’ (five detectives) series was 82.
- Sasthipada Chattopadhyay on March 9, 1941, at Khurut in Howrah district, Chattopadhyay published his first literary work ‘Kamakhya Bhraman’ (visit to Kamakhya) in ‘Dainik Basumati’ in 1961.
10. Indian Government lanuched NPCDCS
The Indian Government launched the National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS) in 2010 to prevent and control major non-communicable diseases.
- It focuses on strengthening infrastructure, human resource development, early diagnosis, health promotion and more. It seeks to reduce premature cancer-related mortality by 25% by 2025.
- Under the NPCDCS the Tertiary Care Cancer Centers scheme is being implemented. It aims to set up 20 Cancer Institutes. The GoI has allocated Rs 120 crores per cancer institute.
11. Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023 organized by the Ministry of Jal Shakti
The “Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023”, organized by the Ministry of Jal Shakti to honour the women champions of rural water and sanitation sector, was graced by the President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu.
36 women WASH Champions were conferred with the ‘Swachh Sujal Shakti Samman 2023’ by the President of India and Union Minister of Jal Shakti.
12. Writer Vinod Kumar Shukla wins 2023 PEN/Nabokov Lifetime Achievement Award
Vinod Kumar Shukla has won the PEN/Nabokov Award for Achievement in International Literature for lifetime achievement in literature, one of the most coveted literary prizes worldwide, after decades of composing acclaimed novels like Naukar Ki Kameez (1979) and poetry collections like Sab Kuch Hona Bacha Rahega (1992). The award is conferred annually by PEN America.
13. International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness 2023
Observed on 5 March, the International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness plays a role in deepening the global public’s understanding about how disarmament efforts contribute to enhancing peace and security, preventing and ending armed conflicts, and curbing human suffering caused by weapons.
14. Pankaj Gupta named as MD and CEO of Pramerica Life Insurance
Pramerica Life Insurance Limited has appointed Pankaj Gupta as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- The appointment has been approved by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Board of Pramerica Life Insurance. Pankaj Gupta succeeds Kalpana Sampat, who was the previous MD & CEO.