Current Affairs – March 03 2023
Current Affairs – March 03 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – March 03 2023
1. Civil Accounts Day – 2023
The Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) celebrated its 47th Civil Accounts Day on March 1, 2023. The occasion marks the establishment of the ICAS in 1976, separating the maintenance of accounts of the Union Government from audit. Let’s explore this day and the significance of ICAS in detail.
The Civil Accounts Day is celebrated to recognize the contributions of the ICAS towards maintaining the accounts of the Union Government effectively and efficiently.
2. SBI announces completion of $1 billion Syndicated Social Loan Facility
The State Bank of India (SBI) announced the completion of a $1 billion syndicated social loan facility. It is the largest Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) loan by a commercial bank in the Asia Pacific and the second-largest social loan globally, the bank said.
The facility of $1 billion was arranged through MLABs, MUFG bank and Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co. Ltd. MUFG and Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank are joint social loan coordinators while MUFG is the lead social loan coordinator for this transaction.
3. World Wildlife Day 2023
World Wildlife Day is celebrated on March 3 by the United Nations. The main objective of the celebrations is to increase awareness of wild flora and fauna.
- the theme of World Wildlife Day 2023 – Partnerships for wildlife conservation
4. Asian Chess Federation confers D Gukesh with Player of the Year award
Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh has been honoured with Player-of-the-Year award by the Asian Chess Federation (ACF) for clinching the gold medal with a record-breaking score of 9/11 in the 44th Chess Olympiad at Mahabalipuram. Gukesh became only the sixth Indian to break the 2700 Elo-rating mark, and the youngest Grandmaster from the country to be rated above 2700.
The All India Chess Federation (AICF) bagged the ‘Most Active Federation’ award conferred during the ACF annual summit, which is underway here.
5. SpaceX launches NASA Crew-6 mission
SpaceX launched NASA’s Crew-6 mission to orbit en route to the International Space Station, with a Russian cosmonaut and United Arab Emirates astronaut joining two NASA crewmates for the flight.
The SpaceX launch vehicle, consisting of a Falcon 9 rocket topped with an autonomously operated Crew Dragon capsule called Endeavour, lifted off at 12:34 a.m. EST (0534 GMT) from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida
6. IPS officer Rashmi Shukla named Director-General of SSB
Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Rashmi Shukla has been appointed as the Director-General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). SSB is the border-guarding force deployed along Nepal and Bhutan border.
- Rashmi Shukla, a 1988 batch IPS officer of the Maharashtra cadre, was posted with the Central Reserve Police (CRPF). She was heading the State Intelligence Department in Maharashtra Police when the phones of Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and Nationalist Congress Party leader Eknath Khadse were allegedly tapped in 2019.
7. Craig Fulton Declared as Chief Coach of Men’s Hockey Team
- South Africa’s Craig Fulton now becomes the new Chief Coach of India’s Men National Field Hockey Team. He replaces Graham Reid, an Australian hockey player who left his post after India’s defeat in the World Cup.
- Fulton has served as the leading coach in Irish Men’s team from 2014 to 2018. Under his coaching, the Irish team qualified for the Olympics for the first time.
- He was awarded “Coach of the Year” during that time.
- In 2023, Craig Fulton has been bestowed the title of “Belgium Coach of the Year”.
8. Vietnam’s New President is Vo Van Thuong
- 52 years old Vo Van Thuong is recently elected as the President of Vietnam. He took the charge as President in the oath-taking ceremony held on March 02, 2023 (Thursday).
- He has a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Philosophy. Being the youngest Vietnamese politician, he is also a member of the party’s Politburo, the country’s top decision-making body.
- The presidential elections happened due to Vietnam’s power shuffle which is in accordance with the ongoing anti-corruption movement.
9. CERC Welcomes Jishnu Barua as its New Chairperson
- IAS Jishnu Barua has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the statutory body, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC).
- Previously, Barua served as the Chief Secretary of Assam between October 2020 to August 2022. He also administered several departments of the state.
- As a chairperson of the regulatory body, there will be a great level of responsibility on his shoulders as he will manage and ensure the effective financial stability of distribution companies and power utilities.
10. HDFC Bank’s Sashidhar Jagdishan is ‘BS Banker of the Year 2022’
Sashidhar Jagdishan, managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of HDFC Bank, has been chosen as the Business Standard Banker of the Year 2022. This award is given to him for his successful navigation of technology-related challenges while maintaining the bank’s strong performance.
A five-member jury, chaired by former Reserve Bank of India deputy governor SS Mundra, has picked Sashidhar Jagdishan as the CEO of the largest private sector bank of the country as the winner.