Current Affairs – March 01 2023
Current Affairs – March 01 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – March 01 2023
1. India-UK Young Professionals Scheme
The UK Government recently launched the Young Professionals Scheme. Under the scheme, Indian nationals of age 18 years to 30 years can live and work in Britain for up to two years.
- To avail of the benefits of the scheme, the person should be an Indian citizen, he or should be between 18 to 30 years old, should have at least 2,350 pounds in savings
- Persons entering through the scheme can set up the company. However, the equipment used in the company should not exceed 5,000 pounds. And such people cannot hire employees
- The scheme is not for family members
- People availing of the benefits of the scheme cannot work as sportspersons
2. 8th Raisina Dialogue
The eighth edition of the Raisina Dialogue is to be held in March 2023. PM Modi will inaugurate the dialogue. The Ministry of External Affairs is hosting the dialogue along with Observer Research Foundation.
- The dialogue is to be held on geo-strategy and geopolitics. The Chief Guest of Raisina Dialogue 2023 is the Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni.
- The theme of Raisina Dialogue 2023 – Provocation, Uncertainty, Turbulence: Lighthouse in the Tempest
3. Dinesh K Tripathi Becomes New Western Naval Command Chief
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi took charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Naval Command on February 28, 2023.
- Previously, he served as the Signal Communications Officer and Electronics Warfare Officer and undertook several missions.
- He has replaced Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh who is a retired military official and has been a part of this field for 4 decades.
4. MV Suchindra Kumar Appointed as Army’s New Vice Chief
- Lieutenant General MV Suchindra Kumar is announced as the new Vice Chief of Army staff. He takes over as Jaipur-based Sapta Shakti Command, as stated by the Defence Ministry.
- He holds extensive experience in force structuring, intelligence, operations, tech infusions and operational logistics in recent years.
- Prior to his newly appointed position, he served as the Deputy Chief of Army staff at the Army headquarters.
5. Rajesh Malhotra Designated as PIB’s Director
Indian Information Service Officer Rajesh Malhotra takes responsibility as the Principal Director General of the Government’s Media agency, Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- He has more than 32 years of experience in the respective field.
- Also, he has worked with multiple union ministries which involve finance, agriculture, coal mines, etc.
6. World Civil Defence Day 2023 celebrated on 01st March
World Civil Defence Day is observed on 1st March to raise awareness about the importance of civil defence measures in protecting people and their property from natural disasters, accidents, and other emergencies.
The day honours the work of several civil defence organisations. The day also recognises the efforts put in by the organisations in protecting communities and saving lives.
The theme for this year is “Uniting the world’s leading specialists for the safety and security of future generations”.
7. World Seagrass Day 2023 observed on 1st March
World Seagrass Day is celebrated annually on 1st March to raise awareness about seagrass and its important functions in the marine ecosystem. The seagrasses are grass-like plants that live close to the sea.
They are the only flowering plant to grow in the marine environment. There are more than 60 seagrass species in the world. They act as the best carbon sink and provide food for marine life.
8. Zero Discrimination Day 2023 observed on 1st March
On Zero Discrimination Day, 1 March, we celebrate the right of everyone to live a full and productive life and live it with dignity.
Zero Discrimination Day highlights how people can become informed about and promote inclusion, compassion, peace and, above all, a movement for change. Zero Discrimination Day is helping to create a global movement of solidarity to end all forms of discrimination.
On Zero Discrimination Day this year, under the theme “Save lives: Decriminalise”.
9. Elon Musk reclaims to the top, becomes richest person on the planet again
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, once again overtook the position of richest person in the world on February 28, according to a Bloomberg Billionaires Index report.
The second-placed French business tycoon Bernard Arnault has a net worth of $185 billion, trailing Tesla CEO Elon Musk by $187 billion.
10. Singapore Airlines receives 25.1% stake in Air India group after investing $267 mn
Singapore Airlines will give Air India an additional SGD 360 million (USD 267 million). With its acquisition by Tata and merger with Vistara Airlines, it will give SIA a 25.1% interest in the firm.
Through this deal, SIA will strengthen its relationship with Tata and gain an instant strategic position in a company that is four to five times bigger than Vistara in terms of size.
Last year, Tata and Singapore Airlines both committed to provide additional funding if necessary to assist Air India reach its previous peak, when the airline had a glitzier shine, and sustain it.