Current Affairs – January 25 2023
Current Affairs – January 25 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 25 2023
1. National Tourism Day: January 25
The Government of India is celebrating this year National Tourism Day at Pochampally of Telangana. In 2021, the United Nations World Tourism Organization selected the village as one of the Best Tourism Villages in the world, and therefore, the Indian Government is launching its national-level celebrations of the day from this village.
The village is famous for its IKAT saris. They are unique and hand woven. In 2021, India earned 9 billion USD of foreign exchange earnings from the tourism sector.
2. DRACO: Nuclear Fission powered Spacecraft of NASA
DARPA of the USA is working on nuclear fission-powered spacecraft along with NASA called the DRACO. DARPA is Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency. And DARPA is the research and development wing of the US military.
- Just like the DRDO of India. DARPA is to launch the DRACO Spacecraft. DRACO stands for Demonstration Rocket for Agile Cislunar Operations. DRACO is to run on nuclear fission reaction.
- This is considered a big leap in the space industry as no nuclear rockets have been launched till 2021. The USA began testing the technology in 1955. Due to a lack of funds, the project was stalled.
3. Aero – India 2023
The Defence Ministry has been organizing the Aero – India Show since 1996. Other organizations such as DRDO, the Indian Air Force, Civil Aviation, and the Department of Space join the ministry to organize the show.
- The show is one of the largest air shows in Asia. Service providers of Indian aerospace and other manufacturers exhibit their products. Buyers from different countries participate in the show. It is to be held at the Yelahanka Air Force Base near Bengaluru, Karnataka.
4. India’s first Stack Developer Conference to be held in New Delhi
The first India Stack Developer Conference will be hosted in New Delhi on January 25, 2023. The conference will focus on strategies and techniques to increase global acceptance of India’s digital goods.
- Over 100 digital leaders from industry, government, start-ups and unicorns, and academia will attend the conference.
- G20 delegates and the G20 Secretariat have also been invited to the Conference.
5. Prasar Bharti signed an MoU to facilitate content exchange between National Media Authority of Egypt
Prasar Bharati and the National Media Authority of Egypt inked an MoU to promote content sharing, capacity building, and co-productions on January 25, 2023.
- The agreement was signed by Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister of Information and Broadcasting, and Sameh Hassan Shoukry, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Government of Egypt.
- The agreements were signed in New Delhi in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi.
6. Indian Navy’s “TROPEX 2023” maritime exercise held in the Indian Ocean
The 2023 edition of Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (TROPEX), is currently underway in the Indian Ocean Region.
- This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation not only by all Indian Navy units but also of Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard assets. The first exercise of maritime surveillance was held in January 2019. It is also called the biggest war game of the Indian Navy.
7. Dr. Prabha Atre honoured with Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia Lifetime Achievement Award
Hindustani vocalist Padma Vibhushan, Dr. Prabha Atre was conferred with the the Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia Lifetime Achievement Award at the hands of Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde.
The award was presented to her by Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde at Thane near Mumbai. The Chief Minister felicitated Dr Atre at a function at Ram Ganesh Gadkari Rangayatan. Shinde presented Dr Atre with a citation and Rs 1 lakh at the program, during which a symphony of 90 flutists was performed to mark her 90th birthday.
8. Balkrishna Doshi, pioneer of modernist architecture in India, passes away
Dr Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi, who is widely revered for his contribution in the field of architecture, has passed away. He was 95. For his outstanding contribution to the field of architecture, he was conferred with Pritzker Prize in 2018 and the coveted Padma Shri in 1976. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has announced that Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi will be the recipient of the 2022 Royal Gold Medal.
9. 13th National Voters Day celebrates on 25th January 2023
Election Commission of India is celebrating 13th National Voters’ Day on 25th January 2023. This day is celebrated on 25 January to mark the foundation day of the Election Commission of India.
- Voters’ day is dedicated to raising young people’s awareness of the importance of voting in their country. It not only encourages the youth to participate in the electoral process but also focuses that the Right to vote as the basic right.
- The theme for this year’s NVD, ‘Nothing Like Voting, I Vote for Sure’
10. India’s Suryakumar Yadav wins ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year 2022 award
Team India batter Suryakumar Yadav has won the ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year 2022 award. Suryakumar scored 1,164 runs in 31 T20I matches in 2022 at an average of 46.56 and a strike-rate of 187.43. Suryakumar beat Zimbabwe’s Sikandar Raza, England’s Sam Curran and Pakistan’s Muhammad Rizwan to bag the award.