Current Affairs – January 24 2023
Current Affairs – January 24 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 24 2023
1. Shamalbhai B Patel appoints as chairman of Amul
Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) that markets milk and dairy products under the Amul brand has announced the appointment of Shamalbhai B Patel as its chairman and Valamjibhai Humbal as vice chairman.
The announcement was made after an election was carried out by the deputy collector, Anand, in presence of 17 out of 18 members who’re chairmen representing their district milk unions within the state. GCMMF is made up of 18 member unions overlaying 33 districts.
2. SpaceX Launches 51 Starlink satellites from California
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carried more than four dozen Starlink satellites into the low-Earth orbit in a launch from the California coast. The rocket lifted of at 7:43 a.m. California time from Vandenberg Space Force Base, located northwest of Santa Barbara.
Fifty-one Starlink satellites were on board. Onboard cameras showed the rocket burst through a cloud bank over the coast. After stage separation, Falcon 9’s first stage returned to Earth and landed on the Of Course I Still Love You droneship stationed in the Pacific Ocean.
3. Thai shuttler Kunlavut Vitidsarn wins India Open Badminton title
Shuttler Kunlavut Vitidsarn from Thailand won the India Open Badminton Championship 2023 by defeating Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen in the men’s singles by 22-20, 10-21 and 21-12. In the Women’s Singles category, An Seyoung of South Korea won the title by defeating Japanese Akane Yamaguchi by 15-21, 21-16, and 21-12.
4. Indian Air Force to Conduct Exercise ‘PRALAY’ in Northeastern Part of India
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is set to conduct Exercise PRALAY in the northeastern sector of India amid the unresolved contention with China about differing perceptions regarding the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between the two nations. The exercise will involve major air bases of the IAF in the northeast in addition to the recently deployed drone squadron.
5. Aska Police Station of Odisha Awarded as the Best Police Station in India
Union Home Minister Amit Shah awarded the Aska Police Station of Ganjam, district of Odisha as the number one police station in the country. Aska Police station was awarded in the annual ranking of Police station for 2022. Aska Police station received the prestigious award along with the certificate of appreciation from Union Minister Amit Shah.
6. National Girl Child Day celebrates on 24 January 2023
On January 24, the nation celebrates National Girl Child Day. This day was established in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The goal of National Female Child Day is to highlight the prejudice and injustice that girl children face.
The Ministry of Education will host a celebration with the theme “Self Defence Training for Girls.”
7. International Day of Education celebrates on 24 January 2023
The United Nations General Assembly has proclaimed 24 January as International Day of Education, in celebration of the role of education for peace and development. Education plays a key role in building sustainable and resilient societies.
The fifth International Day of Education will be celebrated on 24 January 2023 under the theme “to invest in people, prioritize education”.
8. RV Prassad honoured the most distinguished scientist of the year award 2022
R Vishnu Prassad was awarded “The most distinguished scientist of the year 2022” at Vigyan bhawan, Delhi. Prassad, a scientist with 69 patents has been honored with the Indian Achievers Award as the most distinguished scientist of the year.
The award, which recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions in various fields, including culture, science, sports, and innovation. He contributed to smart cities, solid waste management, large-scale water treatment, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, was selected by a jury headed by Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra.
9. Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, Egypt’s President to be Chief Guest at India’s 74th Republic Day
- Egypt’s President, Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, will arrive in New Delhi on January 24, 2023, on a three-day visit.
- On India’s 74th Republic Day, President Sisi will be the Chief Guest. He will be joined by a high-level group comprised of five Ministers and senior government officials.
- The President of Egypt has been invited as the Chief Guest on Republic Day for the first time. The Egyptian Army will also send a contingent to the Republic Day parade.
10. Rajasthan to rent out drones to farmers
The Rajasthan Government is to provide drones to the farmers in the state to spray fertilizers and insecticides. The drones are to be provided to low-income group farmers and on rent. Around 1500 drones will be made available to the farmers to achieve this plan.
The State Government is launching this initiative to save water. Most of Rajasthan is desert and using drones will save 80% of water.