Current Affairs – January 13 2023
Current Affairs – January 12 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 13 2023
1. PM Modi to flag off World’s Longest River Cruise-MV Ganga Vilas at Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off World’s Longest River Cruise-MV Ganga Vilas and will inaugurate Tent City at Varanasi via video conferencing.
- MV Ganga Vilas will begin its journey from Varanasi and travel around 3,200 km in 51 days to reach Dibrugarh in Assam via Bangladesh, sailing across 27 river systems in India and Bangladesh.
2. Santhi Kumari Appointed as First Woman Chief Secretary of Telangana
Senior IAS Officer A Santhi Kumari has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Telangana. Santhi Kumari took charge as the first women Chief Secretary of the State at the Secretariat in BRK Bhavan. Santhi Kumari will take charge over incumbent Somesh Kumar, who was relieved from the Telangana government by the Union Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- Santhi Kumari is a 1989 batch officer who hails from Andhra Pradesh and has become the first woman to be Chief Secretary of Telangana.
3. Vidisha becomes the 1st Indian district to implement cutting-edge 5G use cases
A joint initiative by the Vidisha District Administration and the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), Department of Telecommunications (DoT), under the direction of Additional Secretary (Telecom) & Administrator USOF, made Vidisha, a district of Madhya Pradesh, the first district ever in India for on-ground implementation of groundbreaking 5G use cases proposed by startups.
4. Tata Power sets up India’s 1st solar plant for housing society in Mumbai
Tata Power Renewable Energy has secured a deal with Mumbai’s Vivarea Condominium to make it the country’s first housing society to operate a captive solar energy plant for residential consumption.
- To power the society, a 3.125-megawatt solar facility will be built in Maharashtra’s Himayatnagar by Tata Power subsidiary.
- It will supply green electricity at 40% less than the current cost.
5. NPCI Allows NRE/NRO Accounts With International Mobile Numbers To Use UPI
NPCI has instructed members of the UPI ecosystem to allow non-resident account types such as NRE/NRO accounts having international mobile numbers to get onboarded and transact through UPI.
- To begin with, NPCI will be enabling transactions from mobile numbers having country codes of Singapore, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Oman, Qatar, USA, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom, along with the current domestic country code.
6. SBI launched e-Bank Guarantee facility in association with NeSL
State Bank of India (SBI) has launched e-Bank Guarantee (e-BG) facility in association with National e-Governance Services Limited (NeSL). India’s largest lender said this facility will bring about a revolutionary change in the banking ecosystem, where bank guarantee is frequently used in large volumes. By using the NeSL’s platform, the bank customers and other beneficiaries will instantly get an e-Bank Guarantee without additional verification.
7. Incentive scheme for promotion of RuPay Debit Cards
The Indian government has recently approved an incentive scheme worth Rs 2,600 crore to promote Rupay debit card and low-value BHIM-UPI transactions in the current financial year. The decision was made during a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
8. Garuda Aerospace launched surveillance drone named Droni
- Garuda Aerospace and Former cricketer, Mahendra Singh Dhoni have launched a surveillance drone named ‘Droni.
- MS Dhoni is an investor-cum-ambassador of Garuda Aerospace.
- Droni is a battery-operated quadcopter surveillance drone.
- Garuda Aerospace recently became the first-ever drone company in India to get dual DGCA approvals for both drone manufacturing type certificate and RTPO.
- In 2022, he unveiled the camera drone called Droni at the Global Drone Expo in Chennai.