Current Affairs – January 11 2023
Current Affairs – January 11 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 11 2023
1.PM Modi congratulates Netanyahu for becoming Israel PM for 6th time
PM Narendra Modi spoke to his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu and congratulated him for becoming PM for a record sixth time. Both leaders agreed on the potential for further strengthening bilateral strategic cooperation in a variety of areas. It was the first phone conversation between them after Netanyahu’s election win last month.
2. Vikas Purohit the new global business head of Meta in India
Meta announced the appointment of former Tata CLiQ CEO Vikas Purohit as the director of global business group in India. In his new role, Purohit will lead Meta’s strategic relationship with various brands and agencies to boost the adoption of digital tools for revenue growth of India’s business.
3.Herbalife Nutrition India signed Smriti Mandhana as sponsored sports athlete
Nutrition company Herbalife Nutrition India Private Limited is partnering with international women’s cricketer, Smriti Mandhana as a ‘nutrition sponsor’. She has had an incredible journey, taking the cricket world by storm with her batting performances.
- Currently, she is the vice captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team.
- She was also the only Indian player to be named in the ICC Women’s Team of the Year 2016.
- She was also honoured with the Arjuna Award in 2019.
4. Vivek Agnihotri’s ‘The Kashmir Files’ selected for Oscars 2023
Vivek Agnihotri’s film ‘The Kashmir Files’ has been shortlisted for Oscars 2023. That means now this film has qualified to get an Oscar. Actors Anupam Kher, Mithun Chakraborthy, Darshan Kumar and Pallavi Joshi are also shortlisted for the best actor category.
- The story of Kashmir Files revolves around the mass exodus of Kashmiri Pandits in the year 1990 following systematic killings of people from the community by Pakistan-backed terrorists.
- The film was released in theatres in March 2022.
5. India, Panama Signed MoU on Cooperation in Training Diplomats
India and Panama have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to encourage cooperation in the training of diplomats. The MoU between India and Panama was signed by the External Affairs Minister of India Dr. Subramanyam Jaishankar and the Foreign Minister of Panama Janaina Tewaney Mencomon.
The MoU was signed in Indore and the External Affairs Minister has noted that they have discussed the opportunities for greater economic, health, finance, and people-to-people linkage. Both leaders have also shared their perspectives on global situations.
6. Henley Passport Index 2023, Japan retained its top position
According to the latest Henley Passport Index, Japan has retained its position as the most favourible passport in the world, allowing visa-free entry to 193 global destinations. which the country tops for the fifth consecutive year. Singapore and South Korea came in a joint second on the ranking, followed by Germany and Spain, and then a slew of other European nations.
- The Indian passport was ranked 85th.
7. Anurag Kumar appointed CMD of Electronics Corporation of India Limited
Anurag Kumar was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved Kumar’s appointment to the post till the date of his superannuation i.e 31.01.2026.
8. Most Polluted City in India in 2022, Report says
Delhi was the most polluted city in India in 2022 with PM 2.5 levels more than double the safe limit and the third highest average PM10 concentration, according to an analysis of Central Pollution Control Board data.
Among the most polluted cities with respect to PM2.5 levels,
- Delhi (99.71 micrograms per cubic metre) ranked first
- Haryana’s Faridabad (95.64 micrograms per cubic metre) ranked second
- Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad (91.25 micrograms per cubic metre) third
9. National Human Trafficking Awareness Day 2023 observed on 11th January
The National Human Trafficking Awareness Day is observed every year in the United States on 11th January. The day is dedicated to raising awareness about human trafficking.
Even though the entire month of January has been recognised as the National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, January 11 specifically aims towards the prevention of illegal practices.
10. Digital India Awards 2022, e-NAM wins Platinum Award
e-NAM, a flagship initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, has won the Platinum Award in the Digital Empowerment of Citizens Category in Digital India Awards 2022 held in New Delhi. The President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu, as Chief Guest of the event, has conferred the Digital India Awards, 2022.
- e-NAM is a digital platform integrating 1260 APMC mandis across 22 States and 3 UTs to facilitate online trading of 203 agriculture and horticulture commodities to enable farmers to realize better remunerative prices for their produce.
11. “Observing Road Safety Week: A National Effort for Safer Roads”
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, is observing the Road Safety Week from January 11th to 17th, 2023, as part of the “Swachhata Pakhwada” initiative. The week-long observance aims to propagate the cause of safer roads for all and create awareness among the general public about the importance of road safety.
12. India Conducts Successful Test Launch of Prithvi-II Ballistic Missile
India successfully carried out a test launch of the tactical ballistic missile Prithvi-II from a test range off the Odisha coast on January 10. The missile successfully struck its target with “high accuracy”, according to the Defence Ministry. The test validated all operational and technical parameters of the missile, which is an integral part of India’s nuclear deterrence capabilities.
- Prithvi-II is a short-range ballistic missile, with a range of around 350 kilometres.
13. Kerala ‘Year of Enterprises’ Project
The Kerala government’s ‘Year of Enterprises’ project has been selected as a best practices model in the thrust on Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) session during the recent Chief Secretaries National Conference held in the national capital.
The project, which began in the current fiscal, aimed at creating one lakh enterprises in one year. However, the state government achieved this goal in just eight months, setting a new benchmark for promoting small and medium-sized enterprises in India.
14. Gujarat and Rajasthan Emerge as Top Investment Destinations in India
According to data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), Gujarat has surpassed all other Indian states in attracting new investments from both domestic and foreign corporations.
- Fresh investments worth Rs 3.98 trillion were announced for Gujarat during the financial year (FY) 2022, representing a 273 percent increase over the FY 2021 figure of Rs 2.91 trillion.
- Rajasthan, on the other hand, emerged as the second most attractive destination for investments in India in FY 2022. Interestingly, the state witnessed the highest rate of growth during the period, soaring by almost 535 percent and attracting new investments worth Rs 2.37 trillion.
15. Bengaluru Dominates Startup Funding in India with $10.8 Billion in 2022
In 2022, Bengaluru, the technology capital of India, has topped the startup funding chart with a whopping 3.9 billion, while Gurugram took the third spot with 1.2 billion in funding, and Pune had $1 billion in funding.
- LetsVenture, AngelList, and Y Combinator have topped the list of most active investors in 2022 to date, according to Tracxn.