Current Affairs – January 10 2023
Current Affairs – January 10 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 10 2023
Current Affairs – January 10 2023. Welcome to the DaytodayGK Current Affairs website which provides you with the best compilation of the Daily Current Affairs 2023 taking place across the globe: National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, Banking, Economy, Agreement, Appointments, Ranks and Report and General Studies.
1. World Hindi Day 2023
World Hindi Day, also known as Vishwa Hindi Diwas, is observed on January 10 every year. The day aims to create awareness as well as promote the Hindi language across the world.
- On January 10, 2006, first World Hindi Day was celebrated. Former prime minister, Dr Manmohan Singh adopted it.
- The theme this year of the conference is ‘Hindi: Traditional Knowledge to Artificial Intelligence’ .
- The conference is to be held at the Denarau Island Convention Center in Nadi, Fiji, an ANI report read.
2. Mascot, torch and anthem of Khelo India Youth Games 2022 unveiled in Bhopal
The anthem, mascot and a ‘smart torch’ for the fifth edition of the youth games were unveiled by chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Union MoS sports Nisith Pramanik and state sports minister at a glittering event in Bhopal on Saturday evening.
- The 5th KIYG 2022 will be held from January 30 to February 11. There are 27 sporting disciplines on the schedule, with over 6,000 athletes competing.
- ‘Hindustan Ka Dil Dhadka Do’ – this is the heartpounding anthem of the Khelo India Youth Games 2022. And cheetah Asha, who was named by PM Narendra Modi, the Games mascot.
3. RS Sodhi steps down as Amul MD, Jayen Mehta takes interim charge
Amul Federation’s managing director RS Sodhi, who has been leading the dairy giant since 2010, stepped down on January 9 as the board decided to end his tenure with “immediate effect”. He has been replaced for an interim period by Jayan Mehta, Amul’s incumbent chief operating officer. The decision to replace Sodhi was taken at the board meeting of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), the farmers’ cooperative that operates the Amul brand.
- Anand Milk Union Limited (AMUL) is an Indian dairy state government cooperative society, based in Anand, Gujarat. Formed in 1946, it is a cooperative brand managed by Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
- (GCMMF), which today is controlled jointly by 36 lakh milk producers in Gujarat and the apex body of 13 district milk unions, spread across 13,500+ villages of Gujarat.
4.Padma Awardee Dr Tehemton E Udwadia “Father of laparoscopic surgery” passes Away
Padma Awardee Dr Tehemton Erach Udwadia, an Indian Surgeon and Gastroenterologist, who was known as the ‘father of laparoscopic surgery in India’ passed away, at the age of 88. He was born on 15th July 1934 in the Bombay Presidency, British India (now Mumbai, Maharashtra, India).
- In 2000, Dr Tehemton E Udwadia received the SAGES Millennium Award from the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons.
- In the same year (2000), he was awarded the Dr B. C. Roy Award, the highest Indian award in the field of Medicine, from the Medical Council of India.
5. Startup India Innovation Week (10th – 16th January 2023) kick-starts today with several events across India
A 7-day long Startup-India Innovation Week to celebrate the National Startup Day started today across the nation with several events to reach ecosystem stakeholders and enablers.
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) organized a workshop on Alternative Investment and their Central role today, chaired by Anurag Jain, Secretary, DPIIT as part of the Startup India Innovation Week 2023 at Vanijya Bhawan, New Delhi.
- DPIIT has worked closely with the Ministry of Finance (MoF), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), and Ministry of Labour and Employment (M/o-L&E) to allow Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) to invest in startups.
6. PM to inaugurate 26th National Youth Festival in Hubbali, Karnataka on 12th January
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 26th National Youth Festival in Hubbali, Karnataka on 12th January 2023 at around 4 PM. The programme is being held on National Youth Day, which is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand, to honour and cherish his ideals, teachings and contributions.
- Theme of the Festival: Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat
- Youth Summit to witness discussions on five themes covering diverse areas of work, industry and innovation; climate change; health; peace; and shared future.
7. Tata could be India’s first homegrown iPhone maker: Reports
Tata Group is nearing the takeover of a major plant in Karnataka in a ₹4,000-₹5,000 crore deal to become India’s first homegrown maker of Apple’s iPhones, reports said.
- Tata is looking to take over Taiwan-based Wistron’s iPhone factory in Karnataka.
- Tata has been in talks with Wistron for months and is looking to complete the purchase by March-end, Bloomberg reported.
8. Indian Tennis star Sania Mirza announced her retirement
Indian Tennis Player Sania Mirza (36-year-old), the former doubles World No. 1 , has confirmed her retirement from professional Tennis. She announced that the Dubai Tennis Championships, a Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) 1000 event in Dubai in February 2023 will be her last match.
- She has won six Grand Slam doubles title
- She won her first grand slam in 2009 by winning Austraian Open Mixed doubles title with Mahesh Bhupathi. The pair also won the French Open 2012.
9. Chhattisgarh CM Celebrated Traditional ‘Cherchera’ Festival in Raipur
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel celebrated the Cherchera festival at Dudhadhari Math in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The Cherchera festival of Chhattisgarh is celebrated on the full moon night of the ‘Paush’ Hindu calendar month. It is to celebrate the happiness and joy of taking crops to their homes after cultivation. Chief Minister Baghel extended warm wishes to all the citizens of Chhattisgarh on the auspicious occasion
- According to the mythological belief, on this day Lord Shankar begged Mata Annapurna.
- People celebrate the cultivation of crops and spread joy among each other.
- People also donate green vegetables along with paddy on this day
10. DRDO Develops Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for Operations in Himalayan Frontier
The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has developed an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to carry out logistic operations in the Himalayan frontier. The DRDO-developed UAV is capable of flying in the Himalayan Environment with 5kg of payload and even dropping bombs in the areas required.
11. Rehman Rahi Kashmir’s first Jnanpith awardee, passes away
Professor Rehman Rahi, renowned poet and Kashmir’s first Jnanpith awardee took his last breath in the early hours on Monday at his residence in the Nowshera area of Kashmir. At the time of his death, the globally acclaimed poet was 98 years old. He is survived by four children.
- The Jnanpith Award is the oldest and the highest Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their “outstanding contribution towards literature”.