Current Affairs – February 23 2023
Current Affairs – February 23 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – February 23 2023
1. Selena Gomez becomes most followed woman on Instagram
- Selena Gomez has once again become the most followed woman on Instagram, with 381 million followers.
- The singer has beaten Kylie Jenner, who currently has 380 million followers on the photo and video sharing platform.
- Selena held the title of the most followed woman on Instagram a few years back.
2. Rifle Shooter Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar wins at ISSF World Cup
- Aishwary Pratap Singh wins the gold medal at the ISSF World Cup held on February 22, 2023, in Cairo.
- He bagged this position in the Men’s Individual 50m Rifle in the three positions competition event.
- This is India’s 6th medal that includes 4 gold in the tournament. Hence, India now comes on top of the medal tally.
3. India joins global ‘Agriculture Innovation Mission for Climate’
U.S. and UAE collectively launched the ‘Agriculture Innovation Mission for Climate’ AIM4C in November 2021. India also joined the global platform.
The aim was to strengthen investment and provide support for climate-smart agriculture and food systems innovation, as stated by the US Department of state.
- This initiative has resulted in the rise of investments to USD 8 billion at a global level. India has joined with as many as 275 partners out of which 42 are governments who are working together to accelerate the mission.
4. NTPC ranked top independent power producer
The S&P Global commodity insights recently released the ranking of the top 250 independent energy producers in the world.
The energy producers were ranked based on four criteria such as return on investment, revenue generation, total assets, and profits gained. NTPC topped the ranking.
- Currently, NTPC produces 24% of India’s electricity. By 2050, the corporation will contribute 50% of the total power production in the country.
5. SBI permits real-time Bhim payments with Singapore
The State Bank of India (SBI) announced a cooperation with PayNow, the city state’s online payment system, for cross-border payments, one day after a real-time payments system linkage was formed between India and Singapore utilising the UPI platform.
According to Dinesh Khara, chairman of SBI, the project will significantly advance digitalisation efforts by giving consumers access to a simple, seamless cross-border payment option.
6. UK surpasses India as the world’s sixth-biggest equity market
The UK has surpassed India as the sixth-largest equity market in the world for the first time since May 2022 as a weaker pound increases the attraction of exporters and concerns over the Adani-Hindenburg controversy are being felt throughout Indian markets.
- After losing more than 4% due to the Adani stock decline since late January, the BSE’s market capitalization was Rs 261 lakh crore.
7. JP Nadda launched book ‘Modi: Shaping a Global order in flux’
BJP national president J.P. Nadda has launched a book “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux” in Chanakyapuri. Book is forewarded by Union External Affair Minister S. Jaishankar.
Editors are Sujan Chinoy, Vijay Chauthaiwala, and Uttam Kumar Sinha. This book is going to open a debate on how PM Modi has taken a decision which has changed India’s image worldwide. It’s necessary to understand what was the image of India before Modi ji came to power. The publisher of the book is Wisdom Tree.
8. India’s First Hybrid Rocket launched in Chengalpattu
India’s first hybrid sounding rocket by private players was successfully launched from Pattipulam village in the Chengalpattu district of Tamil Nadu.
Martin Foundation, in association with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam International Foundation and Space Zone India, launched the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Satellite Launch Vehicle Mission- 2023.
9. Telefónica Germany Selects TCS as Transformation Partner to Build Future-Ready Operations Support
India’s largest IT services company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) announced that it has won a deal to digitally transform Telefonica Germany’s specific operations.
The latter is a leading German telecom company. The Indian IT services exporter announced that the partnership would entail building service assurance applications and processes within the Operations Support Systems (OSS) landscape of the German telecom company.
10. University of Auckland, Tata Memorial Hospital sign MoU for cancer care
Waipapa Taumata Rau, University of Auckland, New Zealand, and Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Mumbai, the largest and the most renowned cancer care hospital and research centre in India, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to engage in long-term cooperation in cancer care.
11. Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde named Shiv Sena chief
Eknath Shinde, the chief minister of Maharashtra, was elected as the Shiv Sena’s supreme leader during the party’s national executive meeting.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) recognised his faction as the true Shiv Sena and gave him the “bow and arrow” insignia during the first national executive meeting following that recognition.
The MLAs, MPs, and other Sena leaders who had joined Shinde after he split from the group headed by former chief minister Uddhav Thackeray were present at the meeting.
12. Kotak Mahindra Bank takes corporate digital banking portal ‘Kotak fyn’ live
Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank went live with ‘Kotak fyn’, an integrated portal developed to offer comprehensive digital banking and value-added services to its business banking and corporate clients.
The portal will offer services across all products, including trade & services, account services, payments, and collections and make banking seamless for the bank’s clients.
13. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Set to Launch Virtual Shopping App
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation will soon launch India’s first virtual shopping app called Momentum 2.0 for metro commuters to purchase products, book services and collect orders at the destination stations.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has revealed that the app will also provide features such as instant recharge of metro smart cards and smart payment options for other utility services.