Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 22 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 22 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. ‘e-Dharti Geo portal’ launched to integrate maps and lease plans.
Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has launched the ‘e-Dharti Geo Portal’. The portal will integrate the legacy drawings including the maps and lease plans in the management information system. The portal will make the maps and lease plans geographic information system (GIS)-enabled.
2. ICMR approves “COVIRAP” test developed by IIT Kharagpur
The Indian Council of Medical Research recently approved the covid-19 test called COVIRAP. It is a Diagnostic machine that was developed by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. This kit gives close test results as produced by RT-PCR.
3. Tamil Nadu Government to implement Smart Black Board Scheme
The Tamil Nadu State government is to implement the smart blackboard scheme in more than 80,000 Government schools. This is to ensure better teaching environment.
The smart blackboard scheme aims to use audio visual teaching material that can be integrated along with digital classrooms. It will create materials that can be fed into computer screens using pen drives.
4. INS Kavaratti: Indigenously built ASW stealth corvette commissioned into Indian Navy at Vishakhapatnam
The Indian Army Chief General, Manoj Mukund Naravane on October 22, 2020, commissioned the last of the four indigenously built Anti-Submarine Warfare-ASW stealth corvette ‘INS Kavaratti’ into Indian Navy at Naval Dockyard, Vishakhapatnam.
5.IAF’s first woman officer Vijayalakshmi Ramanan passes away
Indian Air Force 1st woman officer, Wing Commander (retd) Dr Vijaylakshmi Ramanan passed away. She was born in February 1924, she did her MBBS and later was commissioned in the Army Medical Corps on August 22, 1955.
6. Asan Conservation Reserve becomes Uttarakhand’s 1st Ramsar site
Asan Conservation Reserve has become Uttarakhand’s first Ramsar site, making it a ‘Wetland of International Importance’, announced the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The Reserve is located on the banks of Yamuna river near Dehradun district in Garhwal region of the Himalayan state.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
7. SEBI constitutes committee for market data sharing
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has constituted a Standing Committee, Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) to recommend appropriate policy for access to securities market data, identify segment-wise data perimeters, data needs and gaps, recommend data privacy and data access regulations applicable to market data.
- SEBI Founded: 12 April 1992.
- SEBI Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- SEBI Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi.
8. Uttar Pradesh emerges as top destination in 2019
Uttar Pradesh has emerged as the top destination for attracting the highest number of domestic tourists visiting the state in 2019 as per the Indian Tourism Statistics (ITS) 2020, released by the Ministry of Tourism.
- In terms of Foreign tourists, Tamil Nadu has topped the list with nearly 68 lakh foreigners visiting the state in 2019.
9. India to host India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue on October 27
The Ministry of External Affairs informed on October 21, 2020, that India will be hosting the third India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue on October 27 in New Delhi.
According to the official statement from the External Affairs Ministry, India will host the third India-US Ministerial Dialogue for which U.S Secretary of Defence, Mark T. Esper, and U.S. Secretary of State, Michael R. Pompeo will be visiting India on October 26-27 to participate.