Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 22 & 23 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 22 & 23 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Malaysia hosts APEC Summit
The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation was recently hosted by Malaysia. Several leaders of the cooperation joined the summit. The Summit was attended by the US President Donald Trump as well. The next APEC meeting is to be hosted by New Zealand.
2. Sahitya Academy award winner Shaik Khaja Hussain passes away
Noted Telugu poet, journalist, scriptwriter, and Kendra Sahitya Academy award winner Shaik Khaja Hussain, popularly known as Devi Priya, passed away. He was born in Tadikonda in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
3. LIC launches 1st digital app ‘ANANDA’
Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched a digital application for agents for onboarding to get a life insurance policy. The Digital Application is called “ANANDA”, which is an acronym for Atma Nirbhar Agents NewBusiness Digital Application.
The Digital application is a tool for the onboarding process to get the life insurance policy through a paperless module with the help of the agent or intermediary.
4. India’s first ‘Moss Garden’ comes up in Nainital district
The Uttarakhand forest department has dedicated the newly-built Moss Garden to the people, claiming that it is the country’s first such garden, spread over 10 hectares in Kumaon’s Nainital district.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
5. 2nd Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20 held in Andaman Sea
The 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20 was conducted from in the Andaman Sea. The 2020 edition of the exercise is being hosted by Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN). Indian Navy (IN) Ships including indigenously built ASW corvette Kamorta and missile corvette Karmuk participated in the exercise.
- Prime Minister of Thailand: Prayut Chan-o-cha.
- Thailand Capital: Bangkok.
- Thailand Currency: Thai baht.
- Singapore Currency: Singapore dollar.
- Singapore Capital: Singapore.
- Prime Minister of Singapore: Lee Hsien Loong.
6. NASA-ESA successfully launches Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite
The US space agency NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) successfully launched ‘Copernicus Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite’, to monitor the rising global sea level. The joint US-European satellite lifted off on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
7. Naseeruddin Shah honoured with Aditya Vikram Birla Kalashikhar Puraskar
Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah has been honoured with the 2020 Aditya Vikram Birla Kalashikhar Puraskar at annual Sangit Kala Kendra Awards. “Theatre” is the central theme, for this year’s awards.
8. EIU’s Worldwide Cost of Living (WCOL) Index 2020 announced
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released its biannual ‘Worldwide Cost of Living (WCOL)’ report of the World’s Most Expensive Cities in 2020, based on their cost of living. Hong Kong (China), Paris (France) and Zurich (Switzerland) share the top spot as the most expensive cities in the list, which comprises of 133 cities.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Founded: 1946.
9. India becomes 4th nation to get IMO nod for navigation satellite system
The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) has been recognised by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) as a part of the World Wide Radio Navigation System (WWRNS) for operation in the Indian Ocean Region.
India has become the fourth country in the world to have its independent regional navigation satellite system recognised by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO). The other three countries that have its navigation systems recognised by the IMO are the US, Russia and China.
10. Former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi passes away
Former Chief Minister of Assam Minister Tarun Gogoi passed away on November 23, 2020. He was 86.
The news of his passing was shared by Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. The Former CM breathed his last at 5.34 pm at Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH).