Current Affairs Daily Digest – July 05 2020
1. Vice President of India to launch Elyments, First Indian Social Media Super App
Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu is to launch Elyments, the first Indian Social Media Super App, on 5th July 2020. More than 1000 IT professionals jointly created the indigenous first social media super-app.
About Elyments –
- Elyments was built with an aim to keep the user’s privacy in mind, as a primary concern.
- The product was designed by India’s top privacy professionals.
- Data of users will be stored in the app and will never be shared with a third party without the user’s explicit consent.
- The app is available in more than eight Indian languages.
2. Quidich announced successful completion of India’s First NPNT Complaint Drone Flight
Mumbai based Quidich Innovation Labs Private Limited has announced that it has successfully completed the first No-Permission No-Takeoff (NPNT) compliant drone flight of India.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) identified the green field near Karnataka’s Tumkur were the first NPNT compliant drone flight of India was carried out. The drone used for the flight is an Asteria Aerospace (Bengaluru based company) manufactured A200 micro drone.
3. Maharashtra Government and UKIBC signs MoU
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed virtually on 4th July 2020 between the non-profit organization UKIBC- UK India Business Council and the MIDC-Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation. MIDC is the Maharashtra Government’s premier agency for industrial infrastructure development.
4. UKIBC appoints Jayant Krishna as group CEO
The UK India Business Council has appointed Jayant Krishna as its new Group Chief Executive Officer, effective from August 3, 2020. He takes over from Richard Heald, OBE who held the position at the Council for a term of 10 years. Heald will step in to the role of Chair from September 1, 2020.
5. Jean Castex named French PM after Edouard Philippe resignation
French President Emmanuel Macron has named Jean Castex, who coordinated France’s reopening strategy after the coronavirus lockdown, as the country’s new prime minister, according to the Elysee Palace.
The relatively low-profile Castex replaces Edouard Philippe, who resigned earlier. Macron is reshuffling the government to focus on restarting the economy after months of lockdown.
6. Jaipur to get world’s 3rd largest cricket stadium with 75,000 capacity
Jaipur shall soon be getting one of the largest cricket stadiums in the world, with a seating capacity to accomodate around 75,000 spectators.
The world-class green stadium shall have modern grand pavilion stands, corporate boxes, plush sports field, modern club house and many other world class features for indoor games and sports training facilities, said Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) Secretary Mahendra Sharma.
Sharma informed that this will be the third largest stadium after the Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad and the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia. While Motera has a seating capacity of 1.10 lakh, the MCG can accommodate 1.02 lakh spectators.
7. Former India Bowler Aavishkar Salvi Appointed Head Coach Of Puducherry Cricket Team
Former India seamer Aavishkar Salvi has been appointed head coach of the Puducherry senior team for the upcoming domestic season. (More Cricket News)
The development was confirmed by a Cricket Association of Pondicherry (CAP) official who also informed that former Mumbai first-class cricketer Onkar Khanvilkar will be assistant coach and former Rajasthan keeper Dishant Yagnik will don the role of a fielding coach.