Current Affairs Daily Digest – December 31 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – December 31 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Cabinet approves Industrial Areas and Logistics Hub
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently approved Industrial Areas and Logistics Hub. The projects approved by the Cabinet are as follows:
- Construction of various trunk infrastructure components for Krishnapatnam Industrial Area in Andhra Pradesh
- Tumakuru Industrial Area in Karnataka
- Multi-modal Logistics Hub and Multi-modal transport hub at Greater Noida
2. India-Bhutan MoU in use of outer space
The Union Cabinet recently approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bhutan for peaceful use of outer space. The MoU was signed between the countries on November 19, 2020.
3. Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Social Justice 2020
Harmony Foundation hosted the Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Social Justice. The Awards in its 16th year is the only award endorsed by Sister Prema, the Superior General of the Missionaries of Charity, the organization started by Mother Teresa. The theme for this year’s awards was, ‘Celebrating Compassion In Times Of Covid ‘.
4. India’s 1st Testbed TiHAN launched at IIT Hyderabad
Union Minister of Education, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has virtually laid the foundation stone of “TiHAN-IIT Hyderabad”, India’s first Testbed for Autonomous Navigation Systems (Terrestrial and Aerial) at IIT Hyderabad. The Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Systems (TiHAN) for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Remotely Operated Vehicles at IIT Hyderabad.
5. Pt Satish Vyas conferred Tansen Samman at the World Music Festival
In Madhya Pradesh, 96th Tansen Music Festival began in Gwalior with strict COVID-19 guidelines in place. In the inaugural ceremony renowned santoor player, Pandit Satish Vyas was conferred upon the prestigious Tansen Samman.
6. India’s first pollinator park opens in Uttarakhand
The country’s first pollinator park with over 40 species of butterflies, honeybees, birds and insects has been developed over four acres at Haldwani, Uttarakhand.
The objective behind developing the park is to conserve various pollinator species, create awareness among people in general about the importance of conservation of these species and to promote further research on various aspects of pollination, including a threat to habitat and impact of pollution on pollinators.
7. Navy, DRDO conduct maiden trial of air dropped container ‘SAHAYAK-NG’
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) along with the Indian Navy conducted the successful maiden test trial of ‘SAHAYAK-NG’ India’s first indigenously designed and developed Air Dropped Container from IL 38SD aircraft (Indian Navy) off the coast of Goa.
8. V.K. Yadav chairman of railway board conferred with Eminent Engineer Award
The chairman & CEO of Railway Board, Vinod Kumar Yadav has been conferred with the prestigious “Eminent Engineer Award for the Year 2020’. This award is given by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) for his outstanding contribution towards modernization and reforms over Indian Railways.
9. Cabinet approves export of indigenously-developed Akash Missile System
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal to export indigenously-developed Akash Missile System. The Cabinet has also approved to set up of a committee for faster approvals of exports.
10. Indian Railways’ new Vistadome coach successfully completes 180 kmph speed trial
Indian Railways successfully completed the 180 km per hour speed trial of its new design Vistadome tourist coaches. These Vistadome coaches will make train journeys memorable for the passengers, as well as give a further boost to tourism.
11. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates India’s highest meteorological centre at Leh
Union Minister of Earth Sciences, Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the meteorological centre (MC) of the India Meteorological Department at Leh in Ladakh via video conferencing. The centre would provide localised weather forecasts in the region, which would result in strengthening the weather-related early warning system for the region.
12. Lewis Hamilton awarded knighthood in UK New Year honours list
Seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton was awarded knighthood in the United Kingdom New Year Honours list. The award comes after an exceptional run this year, as Hamilton won his seventh world title this year, equaling Michael Schumacher’s record.