Cricket World Cup Winners List | Cricket World Cup is an International Championship held at every four years. It is one of the world’s most viewed sporting events. Cricket World Cup is conducted by the ICC – International Cricket Council, the governing body of Cricket.
COMPLETE LIST OF CRICKET WORLD CUP WINNERS
Republic of Ireland
|2007||West Indies||Australia||Sri Lanka|
Facts about Cricket World Cup
- The 1987 world cup was the first ever world cup which was held outside England. It was held in India and Pakistan.
- The women’s world cup (from 1973) is older than men’s world cup (1975).
- Nolan Clarke from Netherlands is the oldest player to play the tournament. His age was 47, when he played the 1996 World Cup.
- India is the only team to win 60 over world cup and 50 over world cup.
- The 1992 World Cup was the first to have white cricket balls, colour jerseys, and day night matches.
- Australia is the only team to have won 3 consecutive world cups (1999, 2003, 2007).
- Shoaib Akhtar bowled the fastest ball in World cup history, which was recorded at 100.2 mph or 161.3 km.
- The Test-playing nations qualify automatically for the World Cup main event, while the other teams have to qualify through a series of preliminary qualifying tournaments.
- The World Cup Trophy was designed and produced in London by a team of craftsmen from Garrard & Co over a period of two months.
- The first century in the championship was scored by Dennis Amiss of England when he made 137 against India in the 1975 World Cup.
- Rohit Sharma’s five centuries in the 2019 tournament are the most by a player in a single tournament.
- Kumar Sangakkara scored four consecutive centuries, a record in ODIs, in the 2015 tournament.
- Martin Guptill (237 runs against West Indies in 2015 World Cup) holds the record for the highest individual score in the tournament’s history.
- Kevin O’Brien (113 runs from 63 balls) holds the record for the fastest century in the history of the tournament.