1. Which of the following terms is the most closely related to main memory?
a) Non volatile
c) Control unit
2. Which of the following is used for manufacturing chips?
a) Control bus
b) Control unit
c) Parity unit
3. To locate a data item for storage is?
4. programs designed to perform specific tasks is known as?
a) system software
b) application software
c) utility programs
d) operating system
5. The silicon chips used for data processing are called?
a) RAM chips
b) ROM chips
c) Micro processors
d) PROM chips
6. The metal disks, which are permanently housed in, sealed and contamination free containers are called?
a) Hard disks
b) Floppy disk
c) Winchester disk
d) Flexible disk
7. The primary advantage of key-to-tape data entry system is?
a) A large percentage of editing can be performed at the time of data entry
b) Key verification is easily performed
c) The tape is reusable
d) Keying errors can be detected as they occur.
8. The terminal device that functions as a cash register, computer terminal, and OCR reader is the?
a) Data collection terminal
b) OCR register terminal
c) Video Display terminal
d) POS terminal
9. While inserting a diskette into the diskette drive of a PC, the diskette’s label side should face?
10. Different components on the motherboard of a PC processor unit are linked together by sets or parallel electrical conducting lines. What are these lines called?