1. What is a major function of NABARD?
a) To establish linkage between Self Help Group (SHG)
b) To provide refinancing facility
c) To conduct programs for agriculture and rural development
d) To inspect and supervise the cooperative banks and RRBs
2. When was the Financial Market Department was established by RBI?
a) May, 1999
b) Jan, 2000
c) July, 2005
d) Aug, 2002
3. Who is the first chairman of private sector banks association?
a) P N Joshi
b) Kiran Kumar
c) Harpeet Singh
d) M K Sinha
4. In which year does the RBI has introduced the Banking Ombudsman Scheme?
5. Which is the biggest commercial bank in India?
a) Indian Overseas Bank
d) Indian Bank
6. Where does RBI mint currency coins?
a) At Mumbai and Alipore (Kolkata)
b) At Mumbai and Noida
c) At Kolkata and Noida
d) At Mumbai, Alipore(Kolkata), Hyderabad and Noida
7. Which of the following accounts for the maximum share in India’s foreign exchange reserves?
a) Gold reserves
b) NRI deposits
c) Special depository receipts
d) Foreign currency assets
8. The government of India is empowered to borrow funds from RBI. Through which of the following instruments does it borrow?
a) Commercial papers
b) Certificates of deposits
c) Treasury bills
d) Ways and Means advances
9. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision is also commonly known as—
a) Banking Regulation Committee
b) Bretton Woods Institution
c) Bank for International Supervision
d) Federal Reserve
10. SWIFT is a network for banks to exchange information. What is the expanded form?
a) Safe Window for International transactions
b) Secured Worldwide International Transactions
c) Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications
d) None of the above