Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani and his Turkmenistan counterpart Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow officially inaugurated the Imamnazar (Turkmenistan) and Aqina (Afghanistan) Railway Line between the two countries. President Ghani has launched gas and fuel will be transported to Afghanistan through this new railway line adding that the price of fuel and gas will drop.
Asserting that the new railway line had international value Turkmenistan’s president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow said Afghanistan has an important role to play in connecting Central Asia to South Asia.
Do you know?
- Afghanistan officially the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located within South Asia and Central Asia.
- Kabul is capital of Afghanistan.
- The currency of Afghanistan is Afghani (AFN)
- Human habitation in Afghanistan dates back to the Middle Paleolithic Era, and the country’s strategic location along the Silk Road connected it to the cultures of the Middle East and other parts of Asia.
- Turkmenistan formerly known as Turkmenia is a country in Central Asia, bordered by Kazakhstan to the northwest, Uzbekistan to the north and east, Afghanistan to the southeast, Iran to the south and southwest, and the Caspian Sea to the west.
- In medieval times, Merv was one of the great cities of the Islamic world and an important stop on the Silk Road, a caravan route used for trade with China until the mid-15th century.
- Turkmenistan possesses the world’s fourth largest reserves of natural gas resources.
- Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow was elected president in 2007.
- Capital: Ashgabat
Currency: Turkmenistan manat