1. A social process that directs an economy’s flow of goods and services from producers to consumers in a way that effectively matches supply and demand and accomplishes the objectives of society is called?
d) Planned economic system
2. Exchanges between individuals or organizations – and activities that facilitate those exchanges – based on applications of information technology are called?
a) Internet commerce
c) Web commerce
d) High-tech commerce
3. Which of the following is the most recent stage of marketing evolution?
a) Marketing department era
b) Production era
c) Sales era
d) Marketing company era
4. Which of the following is NOT included in the marketing management process used by the marketing manager to achieve its objectives?
a) Planning marketing activities
b) Raising funds to finance the marketing projects
c) Controlling marketing plans
d) Directing implementation of the marketing plans
5. When a manager focuses on making whatever products are easy to produce, and then trying to sell them, that manager has a _______ orientation?
6. What two types of segmenting dimensions are used to select the important segmenting dimensions?
a) Qualifying and quantifying dimensions
b) Quantifying and determining dimensions
c) Determining and qualifying dimensions
d) Quantifying and differentiating dimensions
7. The relevant market for finding opportunities should be?
a) The current market
b) Bigger than the current market, but not so big the firm can’t compete
c) Global, to encompass all opportunities
d) Smaller than the current market
8. The process that turns marketing strategies and plans into marketing actions in order to accomplish strategic marketing objectives is called?
a) Marketing strategy
b) Marketing control
c) Marketing analysis
d) Marketing implementation
9. The holds that consumers will favor products that are available and highly affordable (therefore, work on improving production and distribution efficiency)?
a) Product concept
b) Production concept
c) Production cost expansion concept
d) Marketing concept
10. Which of the following criteria can be found in a “good” market segment?
a) Heterogeneous between
b) Homogeneous within
d) All of the above