The Year 2016 has began and I hope all of you are determined enough to face the year. Here comes the Good News. Yes. It’s another Initiative from D2G – Inside ‘n Out. This initiative is all about Yojanas and Government Schemes.
The Inside ‘n Out – Episode One
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 25, 2015. It envisages the vision of Housing for All by the year 2022. This mission will provide central assistance to implementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible families/beneficiaries. The government of India had earlier launched ‘Housing for All’ scheme, which was reformed as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
What is the Objective of this Yojana?
- The main objective of this scheme is to construct more than two crore houses across the length and breadth of the nation within a span of next seven years (2015 to 2022).
- The target beneficiaries of the scheme would be poor and people living under EWS and LIG categories in urban establishments of the country.
Who are EWS?
Economically Weaker Sections or EWS households are defined as households having an annual income up to Rs.3,00,000 (Rupees Three Lakhs).
Who are LIG?
Low Income Groups or LIG households are defined as households having an annual income between Rs.3,00,001 (Rupees Three Lakhs One) up to Rs.6,00,000 (Rupees Six Lakhs).
Urban Local Bodies, Development Authorities, Housing Boards etc. which are selected by State Government/SLSMC for implementing Housing for All Mission.
SLSMC – State Level Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee
Primary Lending Institutions (PLI)
Scheduled Commercial Banks, Housing Finance Companies, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), State Cooperative Banks, Urban Cooperative Banks or any other institutions as may be identified by the Ministry.
Coverage and Duration
All 4041 statutory towns as per Census 2011 with focus on 500 Class I cities would be covered in three phases.
- Phase I (April 2015 – March 2017) to cover 100 Cities selected from States/UTs as per their willingness.
- Phase II (April 2017 – March 2019) to cover additional 200 Cities
- Phase III (April 2019 – March 2022) to cover all other remaining Cities
- Women, irrespective of caste and religion
- Economically Weaker Section of Society (EWS)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Scheduled Casts (SC)
GOI would be granting a subsidy to people from these categories so that they buy a home for themselves and their families. The subsidy amount may range from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2.30 lakh.
- The government would provide an interest subsidy of 6.5% on housing loans availed by the beneficiaries for a period of 15 years from the start of loan.
- All houses built or expanded under the Mission should essentially have toilet facility.
- The houses under the mission should be designed and constructed to meet the requirements of structural safety against earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslides etc
- The houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana would be allotted to preferably the female member of the family.
- The mission will support construction of houses upto 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
- While allotting ground floors in any housing scheme under the PMAY, preference would be given to differently-abled and older people.
- The construction of houses under PMAY would be carried out through technology that is eco-friendly.
According to the estimates, the Housing for All by 2022 will cost the central government about INR three lakh crore spread over the next seven years.
Inside ‘n Out’s Next Episode Will be Updated On January 9’ 2016.
Download PDF here: The Inside ‘n Out – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Day Today GK
NOTE : Yojanas are very important for all competitive exams. You cannot complete these topics in overnight or a week before exam. It takes time. Preparing for competitive exam is not a cake walk. It needs patience, planning, determination, a mindset to accept failures, and perseverance. The D2G team is trying to give the best for the candidates in all possible way. Follow us sincerely & regularly for just one week. You will feel the difference in You.
Feel free to give your comments. Your Feedback is very valuable to us. Give your ideas. So that we can improve ourselves.
Thank You 🙂 🙂 🙂