Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant named ICC’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year. Indian skipper Virat Kohli sweeps ICC’s annual awards; named Test, ODI and overall Cricketer of the Year.
Rishan Pant’s 2018 Cricket Career
- In July 2018, he was named in India’s Test squad for the series against England. He made his Test debut against England on 18 August 2018.
- He became the first batsman for India to get off the mark in Test cricket with a six.
- On 11 September 2018, he scored his maiden Test century, against England.
- He became the second-youngest wicket-keeper and the first Indian wicket-keeper to score a Test century in England.
- The following month, he was named in India’s One Day International (ODI) squad for their series against the West Indies. He made his ODI debut for India against the West Indies on 21 October 2018.
- In December 2018, during the first Test against Australia, he took eleven catches, the most by a wicket-keeper for India in a Test.
- In January 2019, during the fourth Test against Australia, Pant became the first wicket-keeper for India to score a century in a Test match in Australia.
- In May 2018, during the 2018 Indian Premier League, Pant scored 128 not out from 63 balls against the Sunrisers Hyderabad, making the second highest individual score by an Indian cricketer in a Twenty20 match.