Distinguished Hindi writer, activist, thinker and cultural personality Mudrarakshasa passed away following a prolonged illness in Lucknow. He was 82. He has about 30 stage productions to his credit and his works of theatrical criticism include Rang Bhumikayen and a book on Nemichandra Jain.
- Born in Behta near Lucknow in 1931, He graduated from Lucknow University and was then employed as Assistant Editor of Gyanodaya that was published from Calcutta from 1955 to 1958.
- He was the editor of Anuvrata, a Calcutta based magazine.
- He worked as Editor at All India Radio from 1962 to 1976.
- His works of theatrical criticism includes Rang Bhumikayen and a book on Nemichandra Jain.
- He has about thirty stage productions to his credit.