Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award Winners List
Download Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award Winners List PDF at the bottom of this post.
What is Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award?
Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award was instituted in 1992 by by All India Congress Committee of the Indian National Congress in memory of the former Prime Minister late Rajiv Gandhi. This award is given every year to distinguished men and women who have devoted their life to fostering amity, understanding and promoting social harmony. The Award carries a citation and a cash award of Rupees 10 lakhs. It is given on 20 August, the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, which is celebrated as Sadbhavna Diwas (Harmony Day).
Indian National Congress
- The Indian National Congress conducted its first session in Bombay from 28–31 December 1885 at the initiative of retired Civil service officer, Allan Octavian Hume.
- It was the first modern nationalist movement to emerge in the British Empire in Asia and Africa.
- The All India Congress Committee (AICC) is the central decision-making assembly of the Indian National Congress.
- From 2004 to 2014, the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance, a coalition of several regional parties, formed the Indian government and was headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- In the 2014 general election, the Congress had its poorest post-independence general election performance, winning only 44 seats of the 543-member Lok Sabha.
List of Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award Winners
As of 2017, there have been seventeen recipients of Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL SADBHAVANA AWARD WINNERS
Jagan Nath Kaul
Founder of SOS Children’s Village of India (SOS CVI), which provides home to almost 15,000 children.
Playback singer. Recipient of Bharat Ratna (India’s Highest Civilian Award), Padma Bhushan (1969), Padma Vibhushan (1999), Dadasaheb Phalke Award..etc.
Actor, producer, director and politician. He was Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports in the Manmohan Singh government (2004–2005).
Scholar of Indian classical dance, art, architecture, and art history. Recipient of Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship & Padma Vibhusan.
SN Subba Rao
Social worker. Founder of National Youth Project.
Social activist, Politician, and Arya Samaj scholar. Worked against bonded labour. Founded Arya Sabha, a political party based on Arya Samaj principles.
Social activist. She embraced Gandhian philosophy. Recipient of Padma Vibhushan.
Played a major role in building communal harmony among people living in Assam.
|2008||N Radhakrishnan||Dedicated his life in promoting the ideas and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi.|
|2009||Gautam Bhai||Worked to carry forward the historic legacy of Acharya Vinoba Bhave.|
|11||2010||Wahiduddin Khan||Noted Islamic spiritual scholar.|
|2011||SPIC MACAY||Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth. Established by Dr. Kiran Seth in 1977 at IIT Delhi.|
|2012||D. R. Mehta||Former chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India. Founder and chief patron of Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti(BMVSS), the world’s largest organization for the handicapped|
|14||2013||Amjad Ali Khan||Classical musician who plays Sarod. Recipient of Padma Vibhushan|
|15||2014||Muzaffar Ali||Film Maker, social activist, poet, artist..etc. Recipient of Padma Shri Award.|
|16||2016||Shubha Mudgal||Singer of Hindustani classical music. Recipient of Padma Shri|
Retired IAS Officer
Also Check Out Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award Winners