Rajasthan Royals have named their former title-winning captain and coach Shane Warne as the team’s brand ambassador. Warne, who led Rajasthan Royals to its first and only IPL title in 2008, was the mentor of the side last season.
- Shane Keith Warne (born 13 September 1969) is an Australian former international cricketer, and a former ODI captain of the Australian national team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the game.
- Warne played his first Test match in 1992 and took over 1000 international wickets (in Tests and One-Day Internationals), second to this milestone after Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan.
- He retired from international cricket in January 2007, at the end of Australia’s 5–0 Ashes series victory over England.
- He played in the first four seasons (2008-2011) of the Indian Premier League for the Rajasthan Royals, where he played the roles of both captain and coach.
- He led his team to victory against the Chennai Super Kings in the final of the 2008 season. In February 2018, the Rajasthan Royals appointed Warne as their Team Mentor for the IPL 2018.