Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to introduce minimum wages for part time workers. The Labour Department has issued a notification.
- As per the notification, it becomes mandatory to pay 50 % of the prescribed a day minimum wage to a person who works for less than 4 hours in a day.
- With this notification, part time workers now come under the Minimum Wages Act 1948.
And also decided that , the state government has increased minimum wages in all categories of scheduled employments by Rs/-104 per month.
Some point about Minimum Wages Act 1948
- The Minimum Wages Act 1948 is an Act of Parliament concerning Indian labour law that sets the minimum wages that must be paid to skilled and unskilled labours.
- In its first session during November 1948, the Central Advisory Council appointed a Tripartite Committee of Fair Wage.
- This committee came up with the concept of Minimum Wages.
- The act is legally non-binding, but statutory.
Did You Know?
- Almost every city in Rajasthan is color coordinated. Jaipur is pink, Udaipur is white, Jodhpur is blue and Jhalawar is purple!
- The state “Rajasthan” is also known as “The Land of Kings”.
- Jaipur is its Capital City. Jaipur is also the largest city of the state.
- Main festivals which are celebrated in a large way are Teej, Holi, Gangaur, Diwali, Makar Sakranti, Janmashtami, etc.
- Rajasthan has 2 National Tiger Reserves: Ranthambore and Sariska Tiger Reserve.