Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 6th July 2015, presented Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov- a specially commissioned reproduction of Khamsa-i-Khusrau by the great 13th century sufi poet Amir Khusrau.
About Gift (Khamsa-i-Khusrau ):
- it is written by the great 13th century sufi poet Amir Khusrau.
- The present is Written in Persian, and neatly decorated and illuminated with various colors like gold and ultramarine,.
- The work is a part of the manuscripts collection of National Museum, Delhi.
About Amir Khusrau
- was a Sufi musician, poet and scholar.
- He was born in Uttar Pradesh but his father hailed from Uzbekistan.
- Amīr Khusrau is reputed to have invented certain musical instruments like the sitar and tab
- He wrote poetry primarily in Persian, but also in Hindavi
Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov
- Karimov was placed in an orphanage in Samarkand at birth, growing up to study economics and engineering.
- He became an official in theCommunist Party of the Soviet Union.
- He became the party’s First Secretary in Uzbekistan in 1989.
- On March 24, 1990 he became President of the Uzbek Soviet Socialist Republic.