(Old News) : NITI Aayog launches Women Transforming India campaign, in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov – #WomenTransform.
- Celebrating women doers, leaders and change makers from across the country, NITI Aayog – Government of India’s premier think-tank – has launched the ‘Women Transforming India’ initiative’ on, March 8, International Women’s Day, in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov.
- As a policy think tank, NITI Aayog seeks to engage directly with women leaders from across urban and rural areas of India.
- ‘Women Transforming India’ is, therefore, our effort at putting our ear to the ground to gather successful stories of change heralded by women at the grassroots level, within communities.
- Through the initiative, NITI Aayog is seeking for entries in the form of written essays/stories (not exceeding 500 words), preferably accompanied by photographs that set a context to the narrative. These stories should reflect new ground broken by women in empowering themselves/others, or of challenging stereotypes.
- Winning entries will receive a certificate of appreciation from NITI Aayog and the UN in India. Change makers may also have a chance to interact directly with policy makers in the Government of India, to enable affect positive policy action.
- ‘Women Transforming India’ is consistent with the government’s renewed commitment to advancing gender equality.
- This initiative is also a step forward in furthering the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which have Gender as a stand-alone goal.