Malayalam actor VD Rajappan passes away
VD Rajappan, Kerala’s popular Kadhaprasangam (story telling) artiste and Malayalam film actor, known for his comic roles, has passed away.
- Rajappan, who acted in over 50 Malayalam movies, was known for his unique style of presenting Kadhaprasangam in a satirical manner.
- He was the centre of attraction at festival grounds in Kerala at the peak of his career in 1970s and 80s.
- His memorable comedy Kadhaprasangams include Kumari Eruma, Mak Mak, Priye Ninte Kura, Amittu, Pothu Puthri and Ennennum Kurangettandeh.
- Starting his film career in 1980s, he acted in many movies including Kakka,Kusruthikkattu, Kattupothu, Kuyilinethedi and Engane Nee Marakkum. His last movie was Ok Chacko Cochin Mumbai.
Malayalam actor Jishnu Raghavan dies of cancer
Malayalam film actor Jishnu Raghavan, son of veteran actor Raghavan, passed away due to cancer at a private hospital. He was 35.
- Jishnu was battling throat and lung cancer for quite some time and was undergoing treatment at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS).
- Jishnu, who appeared as a child artist in the movie “Kilipatt” in the year 1987, made his film debut in a major role in the blockbuster “Nammal”, directed by Kamal in 2002.
- His performance in it earned him Mathrubhumi Award andKerala Film Critics Award for the best male debut.
- He essayed major roles in “Choonda”, “Freedom”, “Parayam” and supporting part in “Nerariyan CBI”, “Pauran” and “Chakkara Muthu.”