India made the highest number of content restriction requests(screaming 15,155) from Faceboook in the first six months of this year, according to the social network’s Government Requests Report, which it releases biannually. India has been the top requestor for content removal requests from Facebooksince the past two years. The number of requests in January-June 2015 more than tripled from the previous six months, when India made 5,832 requests.
In the first half of this year, India was followed by Turkey, with 4,496 content removal requests and France with 295.
India also ranked second, after the US, in making user data requests from Facebook this year. While the US made 17,577 requests, India requested data for user data 5,115 times. Facebook complied with 45.32% of the requests made from India.
Why it restricted its access in In India??
- Facebook restricted access in India to content reported primarily by law enforcement agencies and the India Computer Emergency Response Team within the Ministry of communications and Information Technology because it was anti-religious and hate speech that could cause unrest and disharmony within India.
- The social network blocked 20,568 pieces of content in the first six months of this year, up from 9,707 in the second half of 2014.
- Government requests for account data increased across all countries by 18% over the same period, from 35,051 requests to 41,214.
- Overall, Facebook saw a global increase in content restrictions and government requests for data.
- The amount of content restricted for violating local law increased by 112% compared to the second half of 2014.
Boeing and which Indian corporate group have joined hands for manufacturing aerostructures on November 9th 2015?