India and Germany have decided to strengthen their bilateral defence ties. Germany’s defence Minister Ursula von der Leyn, who is on three day tour to India, has held talks with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. They talked about PM’s Make in India initiative as Germany is the major partner in it. The German minister also visited the Army Research and Referral Hospital, the flagship medical unit of the Armed Forces Medical Services here.
On May 28, Leyen will proceed to Singapore to participate in the Shangri-La Asia Security Summit. Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel will visit India on October for the next round of Intergovernmental Consultations chaired by the two government heads.
- Germany is the most populous member state in the European Union.
- It is the second most popular migration destination in the world after United States.
- Germany’s capital is Berlin. It’s currency is Euro.
- Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939.
- What is the name of the autobiographical manifesto by National Socialist leader Adolf Hitler? Mein Kampf
- The Axis Powers in World War II are ? Germany, Italy, and Japan