Here we are giving you some important deal, exercise and news related to INDIAN DEFENSE. One question is sure shot in Exam so don’t leave this section.
CHECK OTHER POSTS on DEFENCE NEWS
Defense news in july and August
- Reliance Defense has signed a MoU with the Emirates Defense Industries Company (EDIC) to boost the partnership the India and UAE and to manufacture the defense equipment/platforms, commercial and Naval Ships.
- Union Government has approved the implementation of the Integrated Air Command & Control Systems (IACCS), project of the Indian Air Force (IAF) for which the Indian Government has allocated the amount of Rs. 8,000 crore.
- Cabinet Committee of Security (CCS) has approved the deal to purchase Military Helicopters from United States aviation giant Boeing. After signing this deal, India is yet to purchase 22 Apache Attack Helicopters and 15 Chinook Heavy-Lift Choppers from the Boeing.
- Indian Coast Guard, has commissioned two new ships namely, Apoorva (Fast Patrol Vessel) and C-421 (Interceptor Boat).
- Amogha-I Missile, an Indigenously developed 2nd generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile was successfully test fired at Babina Army Range, Madhya Pradesh. The maximum target range of this missile is 2.8kms.
- The Division Bench of Delhi High Court headed by Justice Kailash Gambhir allowed the women to get permanent commission in Indian Navy. They were also allowed to board on warships and female naval officers will have full term service. As per the judgment they can also enjoy retirement benefits same as their male counterparts.
- Union Government has agreed to implement the One Rank One Pension (OROP) Scheme providing ex-servicemen of same rank and same length of service with uniform pension regardless of date of retirement. Benefits will be given with effect from 1st July 2014.
- 4th edition of joint air exercise between China and Pakistan called Shaheen (Eagle)-4 was carried out in China as a part of a series of military exchange programm between the two countries
- 6th Indo-Maldives joint Training exercise KUVERIN 2015 was launched at the Pangode Military Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala to acquaint the 2 military forces with each other’s operating procedures and increase interoperability between the armies of both the countries. The exercise concluded on 13th September 2015.
- Maiden bilateral maritime exercise between India and Australia, AUSINDEX 15 was launched in Vishakhapatnam to promote peace and prosperity in the Indian Ocean and Asia-Pacific region, to boost each other’s maritime security interests and strengthen defence cooperation.
The Next Series will cover August Defense News.