Here we are giving you some important deal, exercise and news related to INDIAN DEFENSE. One question is sure shot in Exam so don’t leave this section.
Important Defence News in July 2015
- Indian based Kalyani Group has partnered with the Israel’s Rafael to produce Spike Anti-Tank Guide Missiles (ATGM) in India, as per FDI guidelines the 51% of share was hold by the Kalyani Group.
- Reliance Group’s Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering (PDOE) has signed an multi-crore agreement with Russian based Zvyozdochka, JSC Ship Repairing centre to refit the submarines in India.
- India and Myanmar has planned to strengthen the defence cooperation during the Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) meeting which was recently held on New Delhi.
- India’s first Defence Industrial Park was planned to be setup at Ottappalam in Palakkad district of Kerala, which was approved by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) of Union Government.
- India’s Indigenously built torpedos launch and recovery vessel, INS Astravahini has been decommissioned after 31 years of its service to the nation.
- Tata Advanced System Limited (TASL) and US Aircraft maker Boeing has signed an agreement for the aerospace and defence manufacturing.
- Indigenously developed Nag Anti-tank guided missile has been successfully tested from helicopter platform at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. The operation range of Nagi Anti-tank missile is 500m to 4 km (Land version), 7-10km (Air Lanuched).
- Lt General Man Mohan Singh Rai has been appointed as the New Vice-Chief of Army.
- Indigenously developed Supersonic Surface-to-Air Akash Missile has been added in the Indian Air Force (IAF). The strike range of this missile is 25km.
- Under Border Area Development Programme (BADP), Union Government has decided to develop all villages located within 10km around the international border on the basis of the priority.
Important Defence News in August 2015
- India started operating its 1st Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System (IUHDSS) in Kochi, Kerala to strengthen and promote up coastal security in the western coastline. It was designed by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).
- The US military launched the largest NATO airborne drills Swift Response 15 in which around 5000 soldiers from 11 NATO member states participated to enhance security and stability in the European region
- The Union Defence Ministry announced that the 11th edition of the India-US combined Military Training Exercise YUDH ABHYAS 2015 will be held at the Joint Base Lewis McChord in United States from 9th September 2015
- 50th anniversary of 1965 India-Pakistan was observed on 28th August 2015 across the country. It marks the victory day of Indian forces in the battle against Pakistan in the Haji Pir Pass in Jammu and Kashmir. President Pranab Mukherjee, Army Chief General Dalbir Singh, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha and Navy Chief Admiral RK Dhowan paid tributes to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti, New Delhi.
- India gifted its former Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Ship Varaha to Sri Lanka at an event held at the port of Colombo. The 75m long and 11m wide ICG Varaha had been in service with Sri Lanka Navy as Sri Lanka Naval Ship Sagara sice 2006 on a free dry lease
- The top defence officials of Pakistan and Russia signed a landmark defence agreement in Rawalpindi which facilitated the sale of 4 advance Mi-35 ‘Hind E’ combat helicopters to Pakistan.
With This we complete Defense News of July, August, September and October.