1. Which of the following transmission systems provide the highest data rate to in individual device? a) computer bus
b) telephone lines
c) voice and mode
d) lease lines
2. The interactive transmission of data within a time sharing system may be best suited to?
a) simplex lines
b) half-duplex lines
c) full duplex lines
3. Which of the following is not a transmission medium?
a) telephone lines
b) coaxial cables
d) microwave systems
4. Which of the following does not allow multiple uses or devices to share one communication line?
a) double multiplexer
5. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
a) Multiplexers are designed to accept data from several I/O devices and transmit a unified stream of data on one communication line
b) HDLC is a standard synchronous communication protocol.
c) RTS/CTS is the way the DTE indicates that it is ready to transmit data and the way the DCW indicates that it is ready to accept data
d) RTS/CTS is the way the terminal indicates ringing
6. Which of the following is an advantage to using fiber optics data transmission?
a) resistance to data theft
b) fast data transmission rate
c) low noise level
d) all of above
7. Which of the following is required to communicate between two computers?
a) communications software
c) communication hardware
d) all of above including access to transmission medium
8. The transmission signal coding method of TI carrier is called?
9. In OSI network architecture, the dialogue control and token management are responsibility of?
a) session layer
b) network layer
c) transport layer
d) data link layer
e) none of above