1. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
a) The difference between synchronous and asynchronous transmission is the clocking derived from the data in synchronous transmission
b) Half duplex line is a communication line in which data can move in two directions, but not at the same time
c) Teleprocessing combines telecommunications and DP techniques in online activities
d) Batch processing is the prefered processing mode for telecommunication operation
2. Which of the following is considered a broad band communication channel?
a) coaxial cable
b) fiber optics cable
c) microwave circuits
d) all of above
3. Which of the following might be used by a company to satisfy its growing communications needs?
a) front end processor
e) all of the above
4. Terminals are required for?
a) real-time, batch processing & time-sharing
b) real time, time-sharing & distributed message processing
c) real time, distributed processing & manager inquiry
d) real-time, time sharing & message switching
5. An example of a medium speed, switched communications service is?
a) series 1000
b) data phone 50
d) All of the above
6. Number of bits per symbol used in Baudot code is?
7. A band is always equivalent to ?
a) a byte
b) a bit
c) 100 bits
d) none of above
8. The loss in signal power as light travels down the fiber is called?
9. How many OSI layers are covered in the X.25 standard?
e) None of above
10.In OSI network architecture, the routing is performed by?
a) network layer
b) data link layer
c) transport layer
d) session layer
e) none of above