1. BIS stands for?
a) Bank for Insurance Supervision
b) Bank for Income Settlements
c) Bank for International settlements
d) Bank for International school
2. Head Quarters of BIS?
a) Basel, Switzerland
3. BCBS stands for ?
a) Basel Committee on Banking Society
b) Basel Committee on Bureau Success
c) Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
d) Basel Committee on Bureau Supervision
4. In which Year the BCBS in Basel published a set of minimum capital requirements for banks known as Basel 1 norms?
5. Basel 1 Mainly Focuses on which of the following risks and also what it defines?
a) Credit Risk , Capital requirements and Structure of risk weights.
b) Operational Risk, Capital requirements
c) Credit Risk, RWA
d) Credit Risk, non Risk weight assets
6. According to Basel 1, The minimum capital requirement was fixed at __% of risk weighted assets (RWA)?
a) 6 %
b) 8 %
c) 9 %
d) 4 %
7. RWA stands for ?
a) Real Weight Assets
b) Range Weighted Assets
c) Risk Weighted Assets
d) Risk Wire Assets
8. India adopted Basel 1 guidelines in which of the following years?
9. In Which of the following years, BCBS published the guidelines for Basel II ?
10. In Basel II , Banks were needed to develop and use better risk management techniques in monitoring and managing all the three types of risks. What are they?
a) Capital Risk
b) Operational Risk
c) Market Risk
d) All the above
11. Which of the following is not a Parameter/Pillar of Basel II ?
a) Minimum Capital Requirements
b) Supervisory Review Process
c) Market Discipline
d) Supervisory Discipline
12. Disclosure requirements allowed market participants to access the capital adequacy of the institution based which of the following aspects
a) Scope of Application
b) Capital & Risk exposure
c) Risk assessment processes
13. The Guidelines of Basel III were released in which year ?
14. Which of the following is a parameter of Basel III ?
a) Liquidity, Funding
15. Requirements of common equity and Tier 1 capital will be __ and __ respectively?
a) 4.5 % & 6 %
b) 3.5 % & 7%
c) 4.5 % & 5.5 %
d) 4.5 5 & 6.5 %
16. The Reserve Bank of India has extended the timeline for full implementation of the Basel III capital regulations by a year to __ ?
a) March 30,2000
b) May 31 , 2019
c) March 31, 2019
d) March 30, 2019
17. Presently Indian banking system follows which of the following Norms ?
a) Basel I
b) Basel II
c) Basel III
d) Basel VI
18. Government will soon infuse Rs _________in nine public sector banks including SBI, Bank of Baroda (BoB), Punjab National Bank (PNB) for enhancing their capital and meeting global risk norms?
a) Rs 7,990 cr
b) Rs 6,990 cr
c) Rs 5,990 cr
d) Rs 4,990 cr
19. CAR stands for?
a) Capital Adequacy Ratio
b) Currency Adequate Ratio
c) Current Adequate Ratio
d) Current Aadhar Record
20. CRAR stands for?
a) Capital to Risk Weighted Assets Ratio
b) Currency Risk Adequacy Ratio
c) Capital risk Adequacy Ratio
d) Current Ratio of Aadhar Record