‘SMART’ policing will quickly be a actuality within the nation as Home Ministry is calling a national conference to chalk out the plans for establishing such police models in all states.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the idea of SMART Police on the DGP conference in Guwahati.
The determination to carry the national conference for speedy implementation of the plans to introduce SMART policing has been taken by Union Home Secretary L A Goyal at a meeting held.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has already stated that the primary step has been taken in the direction of SMART policing.
- The federal government will set up one mannequin SMART police station in every state.
- The Home Ministry has determined to allocate particular funds for establishing of SMART police stations in every state.
- The Ministry will work with state governments for establishing extra SMART police stations through the present monetary yr.
- Efforts may even be made to contain the personal sector and their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes to increase the roll out of SMART Police Stations.
What is SMART Policy?
The abbrevriation of the word SMART is
- S-Sensitive and Strict
- M-Modern with mobility
- A- Alert and Accountable
- R- Reliable and Responsive
- T- Trained and Techno-savvy
- Whenand where did PM Shri Narendra Modi launched the SMART Policy? (On 30th November 2014 in Guwahati)